Thread: Rabbit or Squirrel Spots?

Default Rabbit or Squirrel Spots?

Hi all,

Do any of you do any rabbit or squirrel hunting during or after pheasant season? I had a small game access permit for the Jumping Cow SWA Woodard Unit for this. We didn't see hide nor "hare" of anything. Based off of how hard the coyote we were following was working, I can't imagine there's many rabbits out there. Should've known when the land owner said the small game opportunities there were, well, small. Frustrating that CPW makes you apply for an access permit just to be disappointed. Thankfully it was a beautiful property and day. That being said I'm looking for some redemption. Any tips on where to go for rabbits and/or squirrels? Not looking for GPS coordinates, just some guidance. I'm thinking about checking out the string of SWAs on the Platte near Brush.

The mountains

pds - I just finished up my Hunter Ed and bought a Remington 870 20-gauge, my first shotgun. I've been speaking with CPW folks about spots - they are saying Brush SWA would be a good spot to check out. I'd be happy to join you some time if you're looking for a hunter partner.

PDS, did you end up going out for small game?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgolf View Post
    PDS, did you end up going out for small game?
    Sorry for the delay. I haven't gone out yet. I would like to before the end of the season, probably one of the last two weekends of the month. There's a whole string of SWAs by Brush too. Shoot me a PM if either of those weekends work for you.