Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trespass law

Thanks for keeping us posted Greg. What is the consensus on cpr in the new farm bill?

Predominantly city based representatives voting NO for their resident sportsman stopped the bill despite repeated efforts by the ND Farm Bureau and ND Stockman's Association. These farm groups like any other group often listen to their most vocal minority ... in this case largely anti-hunter and anti-conservation members. Farm Bureau's primary enemy is the USF&WS, but hunters are not far behind.

Most ND farmers are typically quite humble and quite friendly.
    Last edited by BRITTMAN; 04-28-2019 at 08:55 PM.

I suspect this will lead to a lot of posted land.

98% plus of that land is already posted. A few people may make a lame effort to change their signs to state posted because of SB2315 failure. Permanent metal signs are allowed in ND and have become the norm in more heavily hunted areas. These signs can last a decade or more.

Most good deer and pheasant land in ND is already posted. In years where pheasant populations are strong, the birds disperse into some areas that are unposted. Harvested small grain fields and absentee owner land is about all that is about all that remains unposted in ND.

Again vast majority of landowners are typically simply running their operations as best they can and worry more about weather and prices.

Listening to ND radio I heard talk of blocks of land being closed to hunting. Having lived it both ways in South Dakota I would hate to have to go back to the way it used to be. We still have trespassers but they know they are in the wrong.