Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trespass law

That is a great comment. That law really messed up Montana.

Hi all,* Bill is supposed to be voted on today at 1pm today

https://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/...506021161.html

Fingers Crossed!

Greg
    Gregory J. Westberg
    MSG, USA
    Ret

Modified bill passed ND Senate this afternoon. Heavy emphasis on electronic mapping. To be phased in 2020 season and fully implemented by 2022.

It has to pass the House and be signed into law by ND Governor.

Can they really keep an up to date electronic map? Or is the default setting just going to be all posted? I get in theory how landowners who don't care will make it "green" (I believe), but won't it just be easier for the landowner to say no one hunts their land?

What is the status of the bill now? Last that I heard was it was still in committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan swamp collies View Post
    What is the status of the bill now? Last that I heard was it was still in committee.
    I hunt a great place near Roy, Montana
    Now I won't be able to hunt it,without permission.

Here's a quote from a fellow who is very involved with this bill:

"No vote yet. It hasn't come out of the committee. This is a very contentious bill. Supporters wanted blanket no trespass like MT and opponents have a pot load of amendments that supporters dislike. In addition when it hit the House side there was a joint hearing of the Ag and the Natural Resources Committees, which has never happened before. It seems likely to go to a conference committee if the amendments are included/passed. The state IT Department doesn't think they can make the app secure for the money the legislature is willing to spend."

Fingers crossed it won't happen!

Greg
    Gregory J. Westberg
    MSG, USA
    Ret

Quote Originally Posted by gjw View Post
    Here's a quote from a fellow who is very involved with this bill:

"No vote yet. It hasn't come out of the committee. This is a very contentious bill. Supporters wanted blanket no trespass like MT and opponents have a pot load of amendments that supporters dislike. In addition when it hit the House side there was a joint hearing of the Ag and the Natural Resources Committees, which has never happened before. It seems likely to go to a conference committee if the amendments are included/passed. The state IT Department doesn't think they can make the app secure for the money the legislature is willing to spend."

Fingers crossed it won't happen!

Greg
    Thanks for the update. We can only hope that there is enough common sense to not mess with something that wasn't broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    I hunt a great place near Roy, Montana
    Now I won't be able to hunt it,without permission.
    As a land owner I find that a very confusing statement. For the life of me I can’t figure how anyone would think they could go onto private property without permission.

Granted, the west is a different situation than Iowa.