Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trespass law

Default Trespass law

It will be interesting to watch a new trespass bill work itís way through the 2019 legislative session. Iíve never hunted ND, but itís on my list. Iíll have to do a review on the rules before I go. I spend some time in the ditches here and there in SD, and Iím sure the rules are different, and could change again if the trespass/land posting law changes. Their season opens pretty early so I want to camp at Lake Hoskins and kayak fish and hunt around that area in October. Be good to bring some walleye home along with a few birds. My dog would rather fish than hunt if the weather is good.

What is the new trespass law thats on the table? Thanks!

If land is not posted in ND it can be hunted without permission from the land owner. If the law is changed, ND would be the same as surrounding states. Maybe itís mostly all posted anyway, but it would be a significant change. Iíd like to spend some time there because the license is for two seven day periods, and you can hunt pheasants from sunrise to sunset. When you get old its nice to be able to hunt for a couple hours early, take a nap, eat lunch, and then go back out. Itís also nice to throw your kayak in the truck and fish so you can give the legs a rest.

I have hunted ND for the last 11 years. I have seen a steady increase of land being posted. In the area I hunt , this won't really affect me. I have had farmers tell me the reason they don't post property is because when they do , their phones ring constantly during hunting season. ND is the only place I've ever been that you can hunt land thats not posted. Its a nice option but I rarely hunt private land that isn't posted. The PLOTS , WPA , and private that I have permission to hunt its usually more than enough. If I owned private land there , it would be posted.

Iím anxious to give ND a try. I had a trip planned last season but my dad passed last fall. I have relatives in the Forman area I would visit, and then head west from there to some better walleye area. I have no idea what to expect as far as bird numbers and hunting pressure, but it would be fun to stay on the move in my cargo trailer camper and experience a different state.

I hunt ND early in the season each fall and it seems that much of the unposted land land gets posted as deer season approaches.

Please go to the pheasant hunting section and see ND access in jeapardy thread

I provided the method to help keep the law as it currently is

Please take a few minutes to compose an email and send it

It is ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT for any North Dakota residents on this site to contact their actual state representative, state senator, Governor and the ND Game & Fish Department with opposition to the bill.

Voting constituents carry more clout.

I would advise any nonresidents that hunt in ND that oppose this bill to call or email the hotel or lodging owner and inform them of the bill and how it may impact your visiting ND in the future.

This same type of law adversely affected my bird hunting in MT in the 90's when the same thing happened. It is not a good deal for the hunters and ice fishermen of the state.

IMO. This bill and house bill 1428 will dramatically change hunting in ND for the worse. Which will dramatically affect both conservation and small town economies as well. Contact your legislators!