Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: left eye dominant issues

Default left eye dominant issues

I am left eye dominant and shoot right handed. Recently, I heard of an Eyemaster Sight. It mounts on the end of the of the barrel on the left side. It supposedly will allow me to keep both eyes open and sight with my left dominant eye. Anyone out there using one or know someone using one?

I’m the same way, I switched to shooting left handed and am very happy I did. It doesn’t take as long as you might think to gainback your proficiency.

You could also try occluding your left eye with a spot of tape. Some trap shooters do this.

Another trick is to simply raise your left thumb & block the bead from your left eye. Might take a little more practice.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Switched to lefty. I am also right handed but very much left eye dominant. Switched years ago and happy I did. No issues. So natural now and shoot with both eyes open which is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by kuk kuk View Post
    I am left eye dominant and shoot right handed. Recently, I heard of an Eyemaster Sight. It mounts on the end of the of the barrel on the left side. It supposedly will allow me to keep both eyes open and sight with my left dominant eye. Anyone out there using one or know someone using one?
    JMO—Switch to left handed shooting

Was right handed and right eye dominate-lost right Eye at thirty-
    Switched to left hand at that time —not near as big of a deal as you may think
    I would not waste my time on that other b.s.
    Only issue-is I cannot use a left handed auto or pump—to much muscle memory and dominate right hand I JMOtried it and sold left hand gun—your results may vary —
    One thing you will have to look for if you switched getting the right
    / left cast adjustments

I'm the opposite. Left handed and right eye dominate. Only way I've ever used a gun is shooting right handed. Made my dad happy when I was a kid he wouldn't need a bunch of left handed guns. Works just fine.

also left eye dominant, switched to lefty, shoot some trap you will be shocked how easily the transition is

I'm left eye dominant and a righty. I put a small piece of tape on my glasses. Lets me keep both eyes open.

I tried the eyemaster sight, but it didn't help liked I hoped it would. The tape works the best. The size of tape is no bigger than my pinky nail. I still have full peripheral vision, which is great.

I'm like the rest. Right handed. Left eyed. I learned to shoot right handed but switched in my teens to left-handed shooting. Much better after a little practice and more natural than walking around the prairie with tape on your glasses. IMO.

I tried the sitemaster thing, but I think I use the general end of my barrel as a reference, as opposed to actually checking my bead (which shooters really shouldn't do).

When I'm shooting clays, a piece of tape works best. When I'm hunting, the tape is too annoying so I just go all natural. Gives me an excuse for my misses.