Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could hemp be a good cover crop for pheasants?

Default Could hemp be a good cover crop for pheasants?

Since it will be legal to grow hemp could it be a good habitat for pheasants during hatching season.
    Itís hard to tell if any farmers will grow hemp although they could usesome alternate to corn and beans.

Quote Originally Posted by sbode View Post
    Since it will be legal to grow hemp could it be a good habitat for pheasants during hatching season.
    It’s hard to tell if any farmers will grow hemp although they could usesome alternate to corn and beans.
    Hopefully beans will be planted less and the farmers wont be brainwashed by Monsanto and the other seed companies they have to buy their GMO crap and all the chemicals required to use said GMO crap. I'm guessing Monsanto and other seed companies already have patents on seeds that can be sold with their chemical cocktail of other products.

I remeber an unproductive corner waste ground ( Farmer Terms ) That was filled with Hemp I could almost always move a pheasant or two out of it on each hunt back in Brown County Ks and the dove loved it , they seemed to flush up and kind of cork screw out of the hemp cover , wonder if they were under the influence?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBrittman View Post
    I remeber an unproductive corner waste ground ( Farmer Terms ) That was filled with Hemp I could almost always move a pheasant or two out of it on each hunt back in Brown County Ks and the dove loved it , they seemed to flush up and kind of cork screw out of the hemp cover , wonder if they were under the influence?
    Likely no - Hemp has virtually no THC content which would be the psychoactive component - hemp can be grown for CBD Oil, fibers for rope etc.

Quick read that hi-lights some of the differences

https://ministryofhemp.com/hemp/not-marijuana/

In hunting season hemp, at least wild hemp, does not have a canopy like pheasants prefer. When I see patches of hemp in draws the ground is usually pretty bare within the patch. I become despondent at such times and roll and smoke a hemp stogie right then and there to elevate my mood.
    Last edited by BritChaser; 01-19-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

Quote Originally Posted by KsHusker View Post
    Hopefully beans will be planted less and the farmers wont be brainwashed by Monsanto and the other seed companies they have to buy their GMO crap and all the chemicals required to use said GMO crap. I'm guessing Monsanto and other seed companies already have patents on seeds that can be sold with their chemical cocktail of other products.
    too much money in soy beans to switch to hemp!

Quote Originally Posted by sbode View Post
    It’s hard to tell if any farmers will grow hemp although they could usesome alternate to corn and beans.
    What's the current market price for hemp fob Central SD? That'll tell you whether they'll grow it in lieu of corn/beans/wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    too much money in soy beans to switch to hemp!
    I have a farmer friend who is switching to hemp. Said way more money in it than soy beans.
    -Mark

Shot some quail in a big patch of wild hemp, tasted horrible, just like Pot.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb076 View Post
    Shot some quail in a big patch of wild hemp, tasted horrible, just like Pot.

I'm of the conclusion that no one on here understands that wild Marijuana/hemp does not have THC and is not the same thing as plants that are grown for their flower/thc content.

Quite frankly I would like every single drug legalized and taxed - kill 2 birds with one stone - cut off sources of revenue for the mafia/cartels etc, and increase tax revenue and take something that is in the shadows and bring it out in the open with reasonable regulation - proven time and again - if people are addicted or want something they will do anything they can to get it - just as well make it easy to happen and regulate it in a substantive way - not to mention Economically it's the only thing that makes sense.