Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eastern Montana 2019

Any update on the Culbertson area? How’s it been so far this season??

Not sure what happened to the post I sent last night but I’ll try again. Just got home from my first trip to Montana.. and I’ll be back!! Had a great time!! Saw roosters on every piece we walked and managed to bring 11 roosters home over 2 1/2 days for two guys. Planned on staying 4 days but I got a piece of cockleburr stuck in my eye so spent the afternoon at the clinic. Eyes going to be fine. Saw plenty of sharpies and two small flocks of Huns. We saw four porkies the first ditch we walked but luckily the dogs were spared any quills. The two highlights of the trip were shooting a rooster with a tail feather of 24-1/4 and shooting a double after finding my lost dog( he was on point and I couldn’t locate him for ten minutes). Lots of miles driven and miles walked but my young dog gets better all the time so it’s worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt1GSP View Post
    Not sure what happened to the post I sent last night but I’ll try again. Just got home from my first trip to Montana.. and I’ll be back!! Had a great time!! Saw roosters on every piece we walked and managed to bring 11 roosters home over 2 1/2 days for two guys. Planned on staying 4 days but I got a piece of cockleburr stuck in my eye so spent the afternoon at the clinic. Eyes going to be fine. Saw plenty of sharpies and two small flocks of Huns. We saw four porkies the first ditch we walked but luckily the dogs were spared any quills. The two highlights of the trip were shooting a rooster with a tail feather of 24-1/4 and shooting a double after finding my lost dog( he was on point and I couldn’t locate him for ten minutes). Lots of miles driven and miles walked but my young dog gets better all the time so it’s worth it.
    Sounds like a great time.I got 9 birds in 4 days, and a few sharptails.I also got a double with my 870, which is difficult. Glad you guys had fun.