Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Public Land Prizes / Christmas Break

I would have to agree , waterways and weedy ditches and hedgerows were the rule of the day for me back in early to mid 80’s , then CRP was real productive late 90’s through about 2008 or so now the NE part of our state doesn’t have much left for pheasant cover , I am finding the State managed lands my best option .

Good to hear your season is productive , thanks for the picture!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSBrittman View Post
    Nice , that’s how I run my Upland special to !! French Britts are fine dogs !!!
    We like them!

A8940E23-E3EC-48C8-AD0A-CAD48E801561.jpeg

Here is a picture of my French Britt’s fine little dogs for sure , what color are yours .

Love to see a picture if you have one

Three tri colors. First one mostly black. Last two...mostly white.

Quote Originally Posted by Altillathedak View Post
    Three tri colors. First one mostly black. Last two...mostly white.
    A pic of Jazz from the other day.9AF2EFED-62D3-41CC-B46A-E9B65D73A069.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Tilkut View Post
    Had a little fresh snow on the 26th. Made it out for a cattail hunt on state stocked land. Late season Birds really held tight,
    with our spaniel “pointing” both. 2 in the bag, but the best part was being able to hunt with he youngest son.
    I am obviously not in the know here with this, but state stocked land? Wisconsin stocks pheasants on state land?

Is it a one time thing? Or multiple releases throughout the year? Do they announce when/where the birds are released? A few pieces of land get all the birds or all the land gets a few birds?

That’s a fine looking French Britt !!! If I get another tri-color would be my preference !!!

How much does Jazz weigh ?

Thanks. She weighs in at 45 pounds. Also, thanks for asking for a picture. I had given up posting pics here a long time ago as the process had become a pain. It’s back to being “normal” now. I would never have checked if you hadn’t asked.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I am obviously not in the know here with this, but state stocked land? Wisconsin stocks pheasants on state land?

Is it a one time thing? Or multiple releases throughout the year? Do they announce when/where the birds are released? A few pieces of land get all the birds or all the land gets a few birds?
    The Wisconsin DNR plans to stock 90 properties with approximately 75,000 pheasants from the state game farm. Depending
    on production levels, pheasants are released once prior to the pheasant hunting season and then twice a week for the first two
    to three weeks of the season. After that, birds are released about once a week until the 9-day gun deer season. Most
    properties are only stocked once or twice more during December. The number of birds released depends on property size and
    weather conditions.

Along with a list of the locations and number of birds released.

WI actually drops a couple thousand birds Christmas week trying to keep family traditions alive. As mentioned, its all online.