Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a left hand Pheasant gun

i have a browning bps - bottom load and eject.

Browning silver hunter - right side eject but its gas and it throws the shells so fast I cant even see them. I also wear glasses 99% of the time so I don't worry about stuff in my eyes.

Recently I purchased a franchi SL 20ga O/U which is now my go too. Its neutral cast so it works for lefty or righty.

There are some costlier options for a left handed break-action gun. Benelli's 828U comes with a shim kit, IIRC. It might be the only break action gun that supports stock adjustments via shims. Also, Beretta O/Us can be ordered for left handers, or you can replace the original stock with a factory replacement left-handed stock. I think Brownings can also be ordered for lefties.

My son shoots lefty and he shoots an off-the-shelf 20 guage citori for pheasants and quail and an off-the-shelf 12 Franchi Diamond for waterfowl and high school trap team. Both have a very modest amount of cast for a right hander. He claims the cast doesn't bother him, but then he's never shot a gun with cast for a lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    There are some costlier options for a left handed break-action gun. Benelli's 828U comes with a shim kit, IIRC. It might be the only break action gun that supports stock adjustments via shims. Also, Beretta O/Us can be ordered for left handers, or you can replace the original stock with a factory replacement left-handed stock. I think Brownings can also be ordered for lefties.

My son shoots lefty and he shoots an off-the-shelf 20 guage citori for pheasants and quail and an off-the-shelf 12 Franchi Diamond for waterfowl and high school trap team. Both have a very modest amount of cast for a right hander. He claims the cast doesn't bother him, but then he's never shot a gun with cast for a lefty.
    The Benelli 828U now comes in a left hand version.