Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a left hand Pheasant gun

I have four of the Ithaca 37s. Newer, Ohio made guns. You can buy a left hand safety from them or have them put a left hand safety in it if you wish. Good, solid guns. Watch Gunbroker or other auction sites. Sometimes a newer Ohio gun shows up on there. My go to pheasant gun is an Ithaca 37 16 gauge. I managed to get my hands on one of the last ones they had at the factory. I think they're only making it in 12, 20, & 28 now. The 28 is a great little quail hunting gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    I'm left handed, for decades my go-to shotgun has been the Browning BPS 26". IMO the best left hand - friendly shotgun anyone has come up with yet. It's heavier than most autos (and it sounds like you only have eyes for an auto) but it is a bulletproof design every bit at home in the goose blind as it is walking roosters up out of the cattails. Off course I know the BPS extremely well and shorten the stocks on mine to fit my LOP, but I shoot it better than anything else I have in the safes. That tang safety is worth it's weight in gold...

I am not stuck to an auto. With all the shoulder surgeries I have had, I thought it might be a little easier on the shoulders. Especially a gas gun. I have already got the BPS in mind, I only wish it also came in a 28ga.
    Since you have one and know them, maybe you can answer this. Is the 20ga built on a 20ga frame or adapted to a 12ga frame?
    I shot a Ithaca 37 in 20 and 28 today and had a ball. The 28ga is a slim, sweet little gun. Safety was for the owner, a right hander, but as already stated, it can be turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Setter man View Post
    Benelli Montefeltro is also available in wood as a lefty.
    I saw that but according to the catalog, only in 12 ga. Looking for 20 or 28.

Dont know what catalog you are looking at, but just went to Benelli website, 20 ga 26 inch walnut $1129. And, I have had one in my hands. I went with the m2 20 lefty because my dogs really like to scratch my guns when Im not looking. Lol

Got the 2019. I see the M2 but only see a 12 ga lefty in the Montefeltro. Just looked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Setter man View Post
    Dont know what catalog you are looking at, but just went to Benelli website, 20 ga 26 inch walnut $1129. And, I have had one in my hands. I went with the m2 20 lefty because my dogs really like to scratch my guns when Im not looking. Lol
    If you see it on the website can you give me the model number? I must be blind as a bat cause all I see is the 12. I found it in earlier catalogs but I sure don't see it now.

I will go to my friends gun store and look at his dealer catalog. Make sure its still available.

Anyone have any input on the CZ southpaw O/U in 12 or 20 ga. I would like to get my hands on one and shoot before making a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnewguy View Post
    Anyone have any input on the CZ southpaw O/U in 12 or 20 ga. I would like to get my hands on one and shoot before making a purchase.
    You really need to make an effort to try one first. Close friend of mine has one. Fits him fine and he is very consistent with it. It does not fit me that well and is not very comfortable for me.
    I can and might be wrong but I think it was discontinued for 2019, or in 2019 for the 2020 production year. Good luck

I stand corrected. No longer make it in 20. Sorry. But hey , they may not be pretty but the m2 in 20 is a death stick.