Thread: Garmin Sports Dog Pro or Garmin Delta Upland - Reviews ?

Default Garmin Sports Dog Pro or Garmin Delta Upland - Reviews ?

Time for a new collar. Anyone have any experience with Garmin Sports Dog Pro? Also looking at Garmin Delta Upland with Beeper. I like the idea of being able to turn on beeper in thick stuff for locating dog and turning off when not needed. Both are pretty close in price.

Thanks

I cant speak to the garmin sport pro but I can speak to the upland. Personally it didnt work for me and I returned it. Reason being is the prongs are fixed and cannot be swapped for the longer ones. I run a lab which has a thicker coat, therefore I needed the longer prongs.

The Garmin Delta Upland XC System is a great collar that provides audible tracking via the beeper. It does come with both long and short contacts and a wrench to change them out. It really depends on the range of your dog and if tracking and on point notifications are needed. If you wanted the added benefit of GSP tracking with on point notifications you might want to consider the new Garmin Pro 550 Plus.

I bought the Garmin Delta XC mainly for training purposes. I ended up returning the collar as both the stimulation and vibrate were not strong enough. Not sure if the Upland model is any stronger. If you are looking for a training/beeper collar you might consider the Dogtra 2700 T&B.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5