Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quail Habitat

Most of the conservation areas have a few birds in early season, find the feed & weeds and find the birds.

I think I might try whiteside north of Troy. That is one of the MDC areas mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by GOSKERS View Post
    I think I might try whiteside north of Troy. That is one of the MDC areas mentioned
    Let us know how it goes. I will be in SD this weekend.

Hey Goskers, I'm originally from Omaha and I lived in O'Fallon last year. I ran my dogs at Whiteside near Troy and there is some nice habitat. My setters pointed one small covey last fall. You might want to check out the Walk-In program that Missouri started last year....as there were several farms in North Central MO that opened access to public hunting.
    The best quail numbers in MO will be in the northwest followed by north central. What breed of dog do you run? Go Big Red!

I’m going up there the 17nov. For a week where are you going?

Bourbon, do you still live in the O’Fallon area? I live in Wentzville. I will have to check out the walk in program, do you find that on MDC webpage?
    I have a GERMAN SHORTHAIR POINTER. She’ll be 3 in Dec

Sorry no, I moved away in July. I do most of my hunting in Kansas and Nebraska.

Went to Whiteside this afternoon. Didn’t get a bird up. Lots of great cover but nothing. Lots of deer signs so may have to test that out as well. Dog never got birdie.