Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New farm bill adds 3 million crp acres.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colony, Ks
    Posts
    557

    Default New farm bill adds 3 million crp acres.

    The new farm bill will increase CRP acres from 24 million to 27 million acres. It is a step in the right direction.

  2. #2

    Default

    Thanks for the update !!! Hope the pheasant belt gets its fair share !!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Definitely a step in the right direction! Good stuff!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colony, Ks
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Here is the paragraph pertaining to CRP. Under the conservation title, the Conservation Reserve Program will be increased from 24 million acres to 27 million acres, but rental rates will be lowered to 85% of the average county rental rate for general signup and 90% of the average county rate for continuous signup. USDA's National Agricultural Statistic Service will be required to update rental rates annually under the bill.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Rental rate level may reduce participation. Depends on what they arrive at for a county average.

    But yes, it is a step.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colony, Ks
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McFarmer View Post
    Rental rate level may reduce participation. Depends on what they arrive at for a county average.

    But yes, it is a step.
    Most of the CRP enrolled in general signup is poor enough ground that it isn't worth more than 85 percent of the average rent. I am fairly certain the cap will be met.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fsentkilr View Post
    Most of the CRP enrolled in general signup is poor enough ground that it isn't worth more than 85 percent of the average rent. I am fairly certain the cap will be met.
    agree. good news.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fsentkilr View Post
    USDA's National Agricultural Statistic Service will be required to update rental rates annually under the bill.
    Does this mean that rental rates will float up and down over the course of a CRP contract or will it be fixed when the contract is signed?

    Regardless, the increase is good news.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colony, Ks
    Posts
    557

    Default

    It will be fixed when the contract is signed. It may change from year to year for new contracts, but will be fixed at the rate for the year a new contract is signed for the term of the contract.

  10. #10

    Default

    A 13% increase is a big deal. That's a lot of habitat!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •