Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A few thoughts regarding road hunting

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    not true........i used to work for a major rail company that passes through Montana......if you trespass you will be prosecuted.
    Yeah right.I have some real estate in Florida I'll sell you.

Railroad lines are private property, so any intrusion would therefore be trespassing. Whether that is enforced or not it would still be trespassing.

When my dad was growing up - he would walk the railroad tracks and shoot pheasants with a .22. He would bring them home and his mother would can them. I digress.

Speaking of digression and railroad tracks.... When I lived in Brookings I was awakened about 2:00 in the morning thinking the world was coming to an end. Some hopped up kid had thrown a switch and caused the train to derail in town. The city salt shed was behind our backyard and that is the only thing that saved 2 cars from wiping us out. The only poor people killed were on the train, but the earth literally shook when the cars came down the embankment. The noise was horrific. The only real disaster I have been close too. After, trying to help and being run off I went back to bed. The FBI woke me up for questioning the next morning. Took them 4 days to catch the punk.

I remember that as I too lived in Bkgs at the time. Seems to me there were people pushing for life in prison, maybe even the death penalty, but he got like 20 years. Digression at its finest here (or worst).
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster