Thread: Lodging recommendations in Pierre

Default Lodging recommendations in Pierre

Hello 1st time ever to SD coming up. Looking for a good motel to stay for my dad and I and ofcourse Jake our 6 yr old lab. Ideally a place we can pull our truck right up to. Heading over there weather permitting in the next 5-10 days to hunt public land. Pierre area thanks!

Ft Pierre motel. Nothing fancy, but will do the trick.

Thank you very much!

We stayed at the Clubhouse hotel and suites last week for the first time and it was great. Big rooms, pet friendly and connected to Red Rossa’s for dinner without the need to walk outside in the cold. Best rooms I have experienced in Pierre.

The clubhouse allows dogs in rooms? Looking at their website it sure doesnt look like that kind of place.

Okay thanks corndawg. Here's another question off topic but I read through the SD regs a couple times and could not find the "blaze orange requirements" for pheasant hunting. I want to make sure I pack properly. I know orange hat is always a good idea but what is the law?

Quote Originally Posted by RT2Jake View Post
    Okay thanks corndawg. Here's another question off topic but I read through the SD regs a couple times and could not find the "blaze orange requirements" for pheasant hunting. I want to make sure I pack properly. I know orange hat is always a good idea but what is the law?
    there is no requirement in SD for blaze orange for bird hunting. Where what you feel comfortable with.

Okay thank you !

Orange is always good from a safety perspective but going full dark colors will put more birds in the bag.