Thread: Muck boots... seemed like a great idea

Default Muck boots... seemed like a great idea

Last night I picked up a pair of muck wetland boots because I was tired of wet feet. Both my danners and redwings are no longer water proof and I thought a pair of rubber boots would fill a need for me in the wetter areas I pheasant hunt. I was wrong, within the first hour both boots were full of water. I don't know if it was a bad batch of adhesive at the factory or what, but for $145 I expect a better product. Looks like I'll be picking up a new pair of Danners soon.

That is too bad. I like my Muck’s for those wet areas or rainy hunts. I have more problems with sweat than any holes (at least so far). The only real negative is how tight they are on my cavles.

My son likes slip on boots and he now has three pairs of rubber knee high boots. Two are more heavily insulated Cabelas brand ... the third pair is Muck boots. They are light weight and he loves them. He stays dry.

For me, I like Gore-Tex tie boots... Lacrosse alpha burleys are my rubber boot brand because they have better ankle support.

I would contact the company !

Took the boots back and recieved a full redund.

I love Muck Boots never had a leak. Many friends have them also and have never heard of a leak. At the same time, I would rather not do a ten mile day in them. Dry feet rock!
    "It takes birds to make a bird dog"

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningCitori View Post
    I love Muck Boots never had a leak. Many friends have them also and have never heard of a leak. At the same time, I would rather not do a ten mile day in them. Dry feet rock!
    And
    Just information—
    Went to Costco with wife Christmas shopping—(I know brave/whipped man—your choice )

But they had Muck Chore boots on sale for about $65.00?

I just bought a pair of Bog boots. I like them but have not had them long enough to test them. I heard good things about them so am trying them.

Could the wetness be from your feet sweating? I know that when i wear any of my rubber boots including Mucks they are very wet from my sweat. I would put them in the tub with water, weigh they down to see if they actually leak.
    River - 2 yr old English Setter
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Bella - 4 yr old Brittany
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Ellie - 5 yr old Yellow Lab
    Jazi - 12/30/2005 -- 10/13/2017
    Kaci - 3/23/01 - -10/8/15