Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upland near Dorrance, Kansas?

I hunted a WIHA in 2017 that had windmills.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    As far as I know, with respect to permission, it's no different that hunting ground with oil wells and/or tank batteries on it.
    Understand that this is ground that I've hunted since I was a kid. In grade school, and on up. In fact, some of these spots were the first spots I've ever hunted and returned year after year to hunt. So, with that being said, when the landowners let the windmills come on their property, obviously, we couldn't hunt on the land anymore. (The years they were being built etc. )
    After that, the land wasn't near what it was. As I had described earlier.
    Then, in order to hunt on the land, we were told we needed to have -
    1. written land owner permission.
    2. Then take the permission slip to the windmill company to let them know that we going hunt it.
    3. Then we were supposed to let them know when we were going to be there - Just in case something happened to the windmill - They knew who to blame I guess.

With all of that being said, I never went back. Just hunted closer to home.

So, that's why I ask if it's easier to get on there now. Maybe the rules and requirements have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by V-John View Post
    Then, in order to hunt on the land, we were told we needed to have -
    1. written land owner permission.
    2. Then take the permission slip to the windmill company to let them know that we going hunt it.
    3. Then we were supposed to let them know when we were going to be there - Just in case something happened to the windmill - They knew who to blame I guess.
    Interesting that would be a huge PIA. I probably would have done exactly what you did, especially if the hunting wasn't any good. Perhaps that's something specific to the windmill company's contract with the landowner. I was dove and pheasant hunting with the landowner (well, the landowner's son) and the tenant farmer. Nothing was said about informing the windmill company. In fact, the only mention at all was a vague reference to the lucrative rental payments.

Quote Originally Posted by duckn66 View Post
    Had to google the yacht club. Still didnít find it. Plenty of walk in hunting in the area and of course Wilson lake has lots of public also.
    There is a place called the BoatHouse in Dorrance. Is that it?