Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barrel cut down

Quote Originally Posted by Olden Cranky View Post
    If you read back a few posts you will see that he did send the gun to Mike Orlen. However, I believe once Mike received the barrel he determined he couldn't do the job. I'm sure Mark will explain this more.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    If you read back a few posts you will see that he did send the gun to Mike Orlen. However, I believe once Mike received the barrel he determined he couldn't do the job. I'm sure Mark will explain this more.
    SORRY...I did do a quick look back at prior posts, but 66 year old, tri-focalled eyes missed it.

Default Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    Been so busy plowing and chipping ice I have been slow to update. Two storms with a major thaw and freeze up in-between. The whole place is like an ice skating rink. Mike Orlen was unable to modify the barrel on my A5 because the tolerances were too thin to accommodate the tru choke that he would have installed. Briley was able to do the complete job for me at a cost of about $400 plus shipping, and install a thin wall choke. I contacted Browning about replacement barrels in shorter lengths, and they said they had no plans in the making to offer those. When you are 62 and someone says no plans to offer, that has a different meaning. Not sure how much pressure it would take to get them to take a hacksaw to some of their 28” barrel back stock and turn out some 24inchers. Anyway, I sold the gun to a fellow down south, and she was like new. I was unwilling to spend another $400 on it. Maybe if we keep after Browning they will come around. I could see buying it in 26”. If you hit it during a sale, and a Browning rebate, you can get them at a pretty good price. I very much enjoyed carrying and shooting it in SD last season. It came up fast and furious, but the length bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by mgorvi View Post
    Been so busy plowing and chipping ice I have been slow to update. Two storms with a major thaw and freeze up in-between. The whole place is like an ice skating rink. Mike Orlen was unable to modify the barrel on my A5 because the tolerances were too thin to accommodate the tru choke that he would have installed. Briley was able to do the complete job for me at a cost of about $400 plus shipping, and install a thin wall choke. I contacted Browning about replacement barrels in shorter lengths, and they said they had no plans in the making to offer those. When you are 62 and someone says no plans to offer, that has a different meaning. Not sure how much pressure it would take to get them to take a hacksaw to some of their 28” barrel back stock and turn out some 24inchers. Anyway, I sold the gun to a fellow down south, and she was like new. I was unwilling to spend another $400 on it. Maybe if we keep after Browning they will come around. I could see buying it in 26”. If you hit it during a sale, and a Browning rebate, you can get them at a pretty good price. I very much enjoyed carrying and shooting it in SD last season. It came up fast and furious, but the length bothered me.
    Thanks for the update, Mark. Would assume there are other shooters that experience the longer gun and would buy another barrel, if it were offered. Spending $400 plus $90? (shipping) to have it altered is a bit much!