Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise out of state fees!!

did you confront them?

The state on the license plate has little to do with being a slob hunter. I have known plenty residents that are more interested in #'s killed vs what that may do to a covey. I do believe in raising fees, perhaps in the form of an upland stamp, but across the board on all licenses. Maybe it could go for food plots on walk in, or to pay extra for a guy that agrees to enroll CRP and not hay it no matter what. If we want to make this work, eventually we are going to have to put a little skin in the game and quit wishing it will get better. Face it if I can't afford 50-60 bucks for a license and a stamp I probably can't afford to hunt, and should spend my time working.

That is true carptom but I also think that there are lots of out of staters who come here once or twice and really don’t care what they do. After all, they only hunt here a couple of times a year at most.

I still think they should keep opening weekend for residents or lifetime hunting license holders only.

If they used the money to add quality land to WIHA I would be infavor of doubling the license fee Iím a NR

I donít like the resident only first week rule, in ND the locals pound the heck out of Plots that week then move on to their privatel posted lands. I also think there should be a 100.00 WIHA stamp so the people hunting it foot the bill

I think some of you should look at how WIHA type programs are funded.

yes sir we non residents we are going to catch all the fish, kill all the game and steal your women. oh and spend a 1.75.

AteUp, it kinda sounds like you are pouting a bit. Did the out of state hunters find your hunting spot? I have been an out of state hunter for close to 35 years now. I rather enjoy paying my out of state fees and coming to Kansas to hunt and help boost the local economies. In my opinion, It's a matter of hunting ethics and conservation practices. Some people don't understand these concepts, whether they are from out of state or not. Raising fees and waiting periods won't do a damn thing. Do not categorize all out of state hunters as trigger happy meat hungry feather whores!

Number of shots fired are seldom an indication of birds killed. Most of the guys I've seen shooting at quail could dump a box of shells and never hit a bird.

Now if you really wanted to restrict non-residents just limit them to 10 shells a day and H&R single shooters.

It wouldn't hurt to have the state write a small article on hunting ethics and put it in the wiha map booklet.

Quote Originally Posted by carptom1 View Post
    If we want to make this work, eventually we are going to have to put a little skin in the game and quit wishing it will get better.
    Amen. Pheasants and quail have very little economic value to a producer. Thus, the needs of pheasants and quail get very little consideration from MOST producers. It is important to note that this is not a blanket statement. The producers who participate in this forum and surely many others who don't participate do consider the needs of pheasants and quail. They are just the minority.

Until we are willing to give wild pheasants and quail economic value sufficient to get the attention of producers, nothing will change.