Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise out of state fees!!

Default Raise out of state fees!!

Watched an out of state group slaughter a 12-15 bird covey this afternoon.
    Need to either raise fees or have two 5 day periods like other states. I know everyone is not like that
    bur seen it enough to know to many are.

Maybe quail shouldn’t open on the west side on the pheasant opener when there are big groups.... like it used to be.

I don’t think this is just a non res issue.

Sunday morning I heard about a dozen quick shots all at once. Now, they could have been planted but I doubt it. I agree that it isn’t right, but I also don’t like the idea of armies sweeping across WIHA after roosters but that’s just my opinion...
    Last edited by akp; 11-13-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Like the Dakotas: only residents can hunt public/walk in for first week or so.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

How about habitat stamp resident 15.00 non resident 25 to 30 bucks ?

You can raise out of state fees all you want it still won't stop out of state hunters.

Two five day periods and out of state hunters don’t get to hunt until the following weekend. I know the quail took a big hit last year. I saw out of state plates late in to January hunting quail.

Also quail hunting should be stopped after 3pm each day. On those cold nights birds need to covey back up for warmth and security. Got into a lengthy argument about that with some guy from Maine I think it was on one of the forums last year. He just did not believe they relied on each other for warmth!

I think our of state fees are to high. Especially for bird hunting. How many people do you think come in to visit family for Thankgiving or Christmas and go ahead and hunt a couple of hours in the afternoon without a license, others would like to but sit it out. Either way it's a lost license, P-R funds.100 dollar bill is too much. Push the quail opener back to Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by BrownDogsCan2; 11-13-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Increasing fees won't increase ethics!
    Not necessarily an out of state problem.

People that will completely shoot out a covey will do so regardless of whether they are on a 1 day/2 day/5day/10 day/all season license.

It's not the length (or cost) of the license that prevents (or causes) this behavior.

Nor is it the home state of the shooter.

Jus my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestle View Post
    People that will completely shoot out a covey will do so regardless of whether they are on a 1 day/2 day/5day/10 day/all season license.

It's not the length (or cost) of the license that prevents (or causes) this behavior.

Nor is it the home state of the shooter.

Jus my .02.
    a normal gut reaction......raising more money won't fix this, and it's unfair to us who conduct ourselves appropriately.