Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports and pictures

Default Reports and pictures

I need to hear some reports and see some pictures . Do not want to know locations just stories and pictures.

My new 100 year old 16 guage. 1 ounce of 5s at 1185 worked on these two pointed roosters(and a few quail).

2wRQQB3.jpg

This guy woke up in the wrong side of the bed.

DLPgjby.jpg

My boy posing with our birds.

AE8ySa2.jpg

Milo getting it done

mx3X9iC.jpg

First of the day

GsxyQhd.jpg

End of the day walk

QJ9NRGS.jpg

Great show !!

That's a pretty close up photo of that Badger.

It was windy....and cold.
    Did I mention that SW Kansas was windy? and cold?
    First pass through the grass, had a rooster get up at my feet had so many layers, couldn't get my gun to my shoulder. that left a mark.
    Windy.....

Cheesy thanks for your pictures. I sat in a tree all weekend wishing I had gone west but I didnít so I have to get over it. Your pictures helped

Great pics !!!

891C748D-A396-4A33-A4FC-F7DDE40FB0FA.jpeg

Note late hatch Rooster screen left

I wish I had some pictures for you,. We didn't do very well. I'm sure everyone uses the same excuses but the shooting was bad and the hunting not much better. We missed some birds yesterday and just chalked it up to guys being punch drunk from the wind. Today we just plain missed. This morning we were checked by the game warden,, yesterday he checked 91 hunters and 43 roosters.

We killed 9 and stopped around noon today. Did better today than yesterday. Seemed about same as last year where we were. We hunted mostly private but did kill a few on WIHA. We hunted Kiowa and Edwards counties. Wind was beyond horrible Saturday. There were three adults and two kids in our group. I’ll post up a pic after I recover.... The 9 we killed all had razor sharp spurs. Not a single young bird. I found this interesting because the farmer had been seeing a bunch of very young birds. Had a great time and found enough to keep it fun and interesring but numbers don’t even come close to comparing to 2000-2010. I do think we would have done better Saturday if it hadn’t been windy. We did as good today by noon as we did all day Saturday.

That badger pic made me think of one of today’s birds. My old warrior GSP went in a hole after a rooster. Got him out. A retrieve on what was definitely a lost bird. He could barely get out of the box this morning but he was on fire once he got moving. Had a cancerous toe removed last spring but it didn’t show this weekend. He’s almost 12 and it’s showing but he got after them. Made me smile.

We did as good as any we talked to at our hotel as far as birds per person. Saw quite a few coveys but they seemed smaller than last year. We didn’t chase any as we came up there after pheasants. I stay busy with bobs down here in Oklahoma.
    Last edited by akp; 11-11-2018 at 08:36 PM.