Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvest?

Default Harvest?

would like an update on how much corn/milo/beans are still left standing? general areas and percentage left standing would be fine.
    standing corn/milo sucks up the birds after the opener....i like to wait until most of it is out. thanks

I talked to a local ( my guide in NE Kansas) and he said 70% crops have been harvested. He said most are out. That report is just for his area of state

Quote Originally Posted by John1743 View Post
    I talked to a local ( my guide in NE Kansas) and he said 70% crops have been harvested. He said most are out. That report is just for his area of state
    Your guide????

I call him a guide. Just a friend who lives there - we hunt together and I give him a fee for his efforts to find places to hunt. He likes Ky Bourbon as well. I bring plenty with me. Farmers love Ky bourbon

We hunted Smith County for the youth hunt and very few of the crops had been cut but they were working on them day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by RuttCrazed View Post
    We hunted Smith County for the youth hunt and very few of the crops had been cut but they were working on them day and night.
    on the way back from SD, a week ago...hardly nothing was cut.

Lots of standing milo. Wheat still not all planted. Farmers might be grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    on the way back from SD, a week ago...hardly nothing was cut.
    It was still pretty wet last weekend, saw a combine stuck up to the axles trying to harvest beans.

snow coming......definitely not good for beans.......that and China isn't buying them. yeah, grumpy farmers, for sure.

Heard from the farmers where we hunt in NW Washington County. They have all their beans and corn harvested, but still have a fair amount of Silage in the fields.