Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roads

What's it like now? Is there snow on the ground? Any chance the roads might freeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot92 View Post
    What's it like now? Is there snow on the ground? Any chance the roads might freeze?
    Snow on the ground that will be melted off tomorrow. Roads will be froze in the morning but will thaw quickly. Plan on getting stuck. I am sure the big groups will make a mess of things.

It will be greasy!!

I'm headed there this weekend, to Jewell county area. We plan on only doing WIHA's. Will the roads be decent around those? I've never been up there before, so not sure what to expect. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bpope View Post
    I'm headed there this weekend, to Jewell county area. We plan on only doing WIHA's. Will the roads be decent around those? I've never been up there before, so not sure what to expect. Thanks!
    We just got 4 inches of new snow last night with some rain mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by westksbowhunter View Post
    We just got 4 inches of new snow last night with some rain mixed in.
    Yeah, I saw it moving through...we got snow here in SW MO too. However, that doesnt really answer my question about WIHA access roads. Are they mainly gravel type roads or is everything dirt roads up there? Sorry, I was mainly inquiring about the type of roads.

I don’t live up there but have hunted from Hays to Dodge to Pratt..... I don’t recall too many with a gravel base. Seem sandier further south.

You have gravel and you have dirt. You'll quickly be able to tell the difference. There are no special WIHA "access" roads. We're talking unpaved county roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
    You have gravel and you have dirt. You'll quickly be able to tell the difference. There are no special WIHA "access" roads. We're talking unpaved county roads.
    Awesome, thanks for the info guys!

There is no gravel. It is sand or dirt. They are horrible right now. I could not get to my deer hunting spot this afternoon.