Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

Heading to the Happy Hunting Ground in Sheridan and Graham Cos. Will lock and load and head the wagon west on Thursday to scout some spots. Good luck to all.
    Last edited by BritChaser; 11-06-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
    . . . going to a place in KS where there are no pheasant. It'll be fun.
    I like your attitude.
    Last edited by BritChaser; 11-06-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

Appointment with a kickoff on Saturday in Manhattan, but we'll head out on Sunday. 6 of us to a mix of public and private in central Kansas.

17th-18th will be our big weekend trip. Calling it our "not-opening" weekend trip. Our group will be about 10. Also a mix of public and private, but much further west.

Can't stand the big groups of opening weekend. Going duck hunting with my son around home this weekend. Couple buddies and I and their 3 dogs are going near Abilene and Russell next Friday and Saturday.

Dad, bro in law, myself, nephew, and a couple buddies will be waiting our turn at various WIHA's on the opener.

My 9 year old shorthair is on her downhill slide, have a year and half old shorthair that is turning into a good dog, and will leave the 3 month old pup at home for this trip. Hoping to get him out before the season ends though and onto some birds. Did a bunch of clay shooting over the weekend and he spent the whole time in front of the guns chasing the busted clays as they fell from the air.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    Dad, bro in law, myself, nephew, and a couple buddies will be waiting our turn at various WIHA's on the opener.

My 9 year old shorthair is on her downhill slide, have a year and half old shorthair that is turning into a good dog, and will leave the 3 month old pup at home for this trip. Hoping to get him out before the season ends though and onto some birds. Did a bunch of clay shooting over the weekend and he spent the whole time in front of the guns chasing the busted clays as they fell from the air.
    Heading out to the West side this weekend with my dad and two buddies, plus my 6 month old GSP who won't be running free this year. Just like your pup cheesy, took mine clay shooting and he couldn't stop bringing me busted clays or pointing on full clays that took odd hops off the ground. He's nearly ready, but rather just use this weekend to get him excited and used to the smells, sights, and sounds for when he will actually have to do work.

Fly in from Pennsylvania tomorrow. Stay at cousins South of Olathe till Friday, then head west of Quinter. Started in ‘93 and haven’t missed a year yet. Birds or no birds! Good luck to all and safe hunting.

My granddad hunted around Quinter in the 50s and 60s. Had to give the landowner their tail feathers so he could enter them in a local contest. Wish that was what it cost these days...

Quote Originally Posted by akp View Post
    My granddad hunted around Quinter in the 50s and 60s. Had to give the landowner their tail feathers so he could enter them in a local contest. Wish that was what it cost these days...
    I remember the days of the tail feather contests still in the Ď90ís. Donít know if they still do that anymore.

Nephew decided Opening Day was a fine day to get married, so I'll be sitting the first weekend out. Good luck to you all. Post some pics so I can cry in my beer at the reception!