Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Social media feuds among outdoorsmen

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    I agree, but I an also trying to educate people. My point is,you don't have to pay, to get excellent hunting, you don't need to wear orange, you don't need to be a big game Hunter, you don't need to release fish over 12 inches, you don't need to spend money on dog training, they will learn it on their own.
    This has to be one of the funniest things I have read in awhile....."but I an also trying to educate people." God help who would ever look to this person for educational guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    I read this, but I'm not a big fan if big game hunters, so I'll leave it at that.Im not a big fisherman, I eat what I catch, when I fish.I don't wear orange, and I don't pay to hunt.I get excellent hunting every year, because I am a professional.
    You also get excellent hunting every year because your dad pays for you to go on private land, as you've mentioned several times in previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Husker View Post
    This has to be one of the funniest things I have read in awhile....."but I an also trying to educate people." God help who would ever look to this person for educational guidance.
    C'mon I am sure Moochmaster has taught people plenty. Sometimes we learn more from those that act like we don't want to act than from those that do.

Quote Originally Posted by carptom1 View Post
    C'mon I am sure Moochmaster has taught people plenty. Sometimes we learn more from those that act like we don't want to act than from those that do.
    "Moochmaster?" Good one!
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

Quote Originally Posted by carptom1 View Post
    “MoochMaster”. Nailed it!
    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

I don't think you see the social media feuding with pheasant hunting as much as you do with fishing, big-game or the like. In terms of pheasant hunting, the feuding becomes the whole concept of people trying to use the 'Net to scout or pick up on good locations. I've seen this on both this forum and all over Facebook.

If someone asks an opinion about pheasant hunting, I'm happy to share as it's my passion and being in Kansas with over a million acres of public land, there seems to be a lot to go around. Plus, maybe my passion can help the younger generation understand why this sport is so wonderful.

Basically, trolls gonna troll.

There is an Indiana hunting forum that I left because of all the assholes. It's like they only used the forum when they were drunk or something.

I think it's funny that this thread turned into a feud almost instantly. The internet is amazing for it's ability to take strangers from all over the place who have one thing in common, put them in touch with each other so that they can fight about the one thing they have in common. It's truly amazing.

That struck me right away also. I think a lot of people hit the forums when they have had a few too many beers and are not happy about how their night is going. Not generally UPH, but the facebook ones for sure are that way. I can't believe some of the comments. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to all that BS by posting their deer photo on a social media group.

This is generally a pretty amiable, friendly, and supportive group. And it sure seems like any ugliness is handled fairly swiftly.

must have been a forum guy that come up with the saying . The more I am around people the more I like my dog.