Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Permission to hunt

Quote Originally Posted by benelli-banger View Post
    pebble beach costs over $500 a round to play golf...and it is a public course! Some golf clubs cost over 100k to join...just join! A public course in Howard, SD costs about $20 per round...your choice. Some people like to rub shoulders with others who are impressed with money and status...because they are impressed with money and status! There's something for everybody!!!!
    So true Benelli... something for everybody. I tried SD public land a few times and will never hunt it again.
    After hunting a well managed farm with crp, slews, tree lines, shelter belts, etc... the number of birds seen is night and day vs public. I put a little $$$ Away all year to save up but the treaspass fee is well worth it to our group as long as bird numbers are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    What I don't get, is if South Dakota has great public hunting, why are these fancy, blue blood hunting farms all over the state? I don't get that.
    Kind of like how Montana has great public fishing, yet there are tons of blue blood fly fishing lodges all over the state. It is no different. Supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    What I don't get, is if South Dakota has great public hunting, why are these fancy, blue blood hunting farms all over the state? I don't get that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I think others here are sick of your Schtick as well

I scouted a flock of toms today, but was turned down when I called the guy.He looked like the type of guy who would be hard to convince.Oh well, that's the game.

One time I drove up to a farm, and parked in the old pick up area, was a truck the same year as mine.Ford f 100.Right then, I knew I was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushedup View Post

Remember Small MunsterLander Hunter? I think it is really him. No money, old broken down van, bitchin' about " pay to play" on here everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by carptom1 View Post
    Remember Small MunsterLander Hunter? I think it is really him. No money, old broken down van, bitchin' about " pay to play" on here everyday.
    I've wondered the same thing a couple of times recently.

Ok, I agree, but the cost is outrageous, in my opinion.These hunt ing places have big buses to take people out to hunt In! Buses.

Quote Originally Posted by carptom1
    Quote Originally Posted by roadscholar View Post
    I've wondered the same thing a couple of times recently.
    Yeah, but this guy seems to have an above 4th grade level of spelling and able to capitalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushedup View Post

+1. Very tiring.