Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Does Anyone Make a WIDE Hunting Boot?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Dakota / Arizona
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Jon, been to Dick's down here and they have nothing. Doing a little more searching on the Keen web site I found a leather hiking boot that comes in a wide width. It's called the Durand II Wide. I might have to order a pair. Keen has free shipping for orders over $150 and free returns.

    https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-DUR...footwear_boots
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

    Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Minnetonka/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    Jon, been to Dick's down here and they have nothing. Doing a little more searching on the Keen web site I found a leather hiking boot that comes in a wide width. It's called the Durand II Wide. I might have to order a pair. Keen has free shipping for orders over $150 and free returns.

    https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-DUR...footwear_boots
    Mentioned Dick's as they were in the Phoenix area - they would be last on my list of stores to visit...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    you might contact Danner to see if they will make a pair to your specs.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Dakota / Arizona
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BritChaser View Post
    you might contact Danner to see if they will make a pair to your specs.
    I personally do not care for Danner boots. They have never fit me worth a darn. I'm trying a pair of Keen hikers that come in a wide with right now. Next may be some Irish Setter Wingshooters that come in a 4E.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

    Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Minnetonka/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    I personally do not care for Danner boots. They have never fit me worth a darn. I'm trying a pair of Keen hikers that come in a wide with right now. Next may be some Irish Setter Wingshooters that come in a 4E.
    George:

    I looked at the Wingshooters - nice boot. For years I've worn a 7" boot, with low gaiters. Works fine for pheasant hunting,
    gaiters keep the seeds, snow and dirt out of the boot. Have found no need for the heavier 9" boots. If there's deep snow, I switch to the high gaiter. For me, the lighter the boot, the better.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    834

    Default

    George,

    Sent you pm, keen boots are all i wear, both 6" and 8" for bird hunting as well as work and play. They have great customer service and a good warranty.
    River - 2 yr old English Setter
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Bella - 4 yr old Brittany
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Ellie - 5 yr old Yellow Lab
    Jazi - 12/30/2005 -- 10/13/2017
    Kaci - 3/23/01 - -10/8/15

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •