Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Make a WIDE Hunting Boot?

Default Does Anyone Make a WIDE Hunting Boot?

I need a new pair of boots, but can't find anything wider than EE. Is there anyplace to find wide?

I feel your pain. Right now, I have older Cabela's Outfitter boots in their widest size 14. They're OK but I'd like something a bit wider. This is probably their last season, I've had them a loooong time. Good boot overall, I'm not unhappy with them.

I think I'm going to try Belleville Boot. They make a LOT of the boots for our military. AND they make EEEE.

Check them out: https://www.bellevilleboot.com/sizing.php

There is a very large number of styles and features. Half sizes all the way up to 16.0, B/D/EE/EEE width. Non-insulated, 200 gram and 600 gram. It may take a while to find just the boot you want.

I'm thinking this one for me: https://www.bellevilleboot.com/shop/...ct_detail&p=10

This is about the ONLY company I have found that makes a GoreTex EEEE boot that will work in the upland fields.

<EDIT> BTW, Bellevilles are available from a lot of online stores at significantly less than what is quoted on the Belleville site.
    Last edited by Chestle; 10-12-2018 at 08:37 PM.

i have wide hunting boots. They are US Army boots that i got on a garage sale for $5. They are non insulated goretex. I couldnt tell you the brand. I am sure you can find them online though. They have been really good boots for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeismydog2 View Post
    i have wide hunting boots. They are US Army boots that i got on a garage sale for $5. They are non insulated goretex. I couldnt tell you the brand. I am sure you can find them online though. They have been really good boots for me.
    Danner..........they make a really wide boot, high quality too.

I ordered a pair of extra wide from Irish Setter. If they won't work, will try some of your suggestions. Thanks!!!!!

I got the extra wide and a half size larger and I think they are going to work. I have been wearing them the last 2 days when walking the dog. I don't remember having this much trouble in the past. I did have some major foot surgery and maybe my feet are wider now. These should be the last pair of boots I ever have to buy.

Hi Oscar,

I just ordered the Danner Grouse 8 boot that is Made in the USA. It is a bit pricey, but should last and has the option to repair with Danner. They offer the boot in wide sizes.

I'm sure Danner will make them as wide as you want.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I got the extra wide and a half size larger and I think they are going to work. I have been wearing them the last 2 days when walking the dog. I don't remember having this much trouble in the past. I did have some major foot surgery and maybe my feet are wider now. These should be the last pair of boots I ever have to buy.
    Which Irish Setter boot did you get?

I like Irish Setter boots but can't find any wider than EE. I've always worn a EE but it seems that the boot manufacturers are making them narrower than in the past. And it probably also has something to do with my feet. As I've gotten older (72) it seems more difficult to find a comfortable boot. The Irish Setter Upland Havocs have been the best thus far. But I'm in the market for a new pair of hiking or hunting boots. I recently tried a pair of Irish Setter Ravine boots and also the VaprTrek's. Both too narrow in a EE. I'm wondering if the Wingshooters with the Goodyear welt might be a little wider. I'm also a big fan of Keen shoes and boots as they generally fit me well due to a larger toe box. But even their hiking boots feel a little narrow now. I did find a pair of Keen work boots that come in a 6" height that come in a wide version. They are the Pittsburgh Soft Toe.

I'm getting tired of ordering boots and having to send them back. Thankfully Zappos has free return shipping.

Anyone have any suggestions for an old geezer's wide feet? I want something comfy with decent arch support and a good cushion insole. Nothing in a stiff boot like Kenetreks, they don't work for me.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    Which Irish Setter boot did you get?

I like Irish Setter boots but can't find any wider than EE. I've always worn a EE but it seems that the boot manufacturers are making them narrower than in the past. And it probably also has something to do with my feet. As I've gotten older (72) it seems more difficult to find a comfortable boot. The Irish Setter Upland Havocs have been the best thus far. But I'm in the market for a new pair of hiking or hunting boots. I recently tried a pair of Irish Setter Ravine boots and also the VaprTrek's. Both too narrow in a EE. I'm wondering if the Wingshooters with the Goodyear welt might be a little wider. I'm also a big fan of Keen shoes and boots as they generally fit me well due to a larger toe box. But even their hiking boots feel a little narrow now. I did find a pair of Keen work boots that come in a 6" height that come in a wide version. They are the Pittsburgh Soft Toe.

I'm getting tired of ordering boots and having to send them back. Thankfully Zappos has free return shipping.

Anyone have any suggestions for an old geezer's wide feet? I want something comfy with decent arch support and a good cushion insole. Nothing in a stiff boot like Kenetreks, they don't work for me.
    George: You might try Dick's in the Phoenix area...if you get to Minneapolis, REI is my #1 resource for boots, especially the hiking variety. And Cabala s in Rogers. Need to make it an outing/day travel event!

I have a pair of VaprTec and don't like them: foot moves around after walking a bit and they retain moisture;they are insulated which was a mistake.

Winter here isn't going away soon...