Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uguide

Thanks for the kind words, from those of you who are so persuaded. Bottom line, I read everything UGUIDE wrote last spring, summer and fall, on this site and on his own website, and I must tell you that his crap was very, very apparent! I am not sure how others don't see it the same way, I guess I assume not everyone read enough of what he was spewing to arrive at the same conclusion. Like I may have said a day or two ago, I don't think I have a pattern of being a jerk around here, hopefully it is completely the opposite. Keep in mind UGUIDE is an advertiser/sponsor here, it probably does him no good to be in the throes of controversy or to be viewed as anything but a solid, credible source of pheasant hunting info...that probably motivated him to back away from the BS that was going on. He is capable and smart, and has a strong backbone--he can dish it out, too, and has. On a more positive note, the weather is starting to shape up nicely, and hopefully the combines are rolling! The 7-10 day forecast looks good for that...also, hearing good bird reports!!!!!

Brother you don't have anything to apologize for. It was very apparent he was trying to protect his future sign ups by painting a picture that was less than accurate. Many of us saw it and you were one that vocalized it. I defended him a lot on here, especially to the " Pay to Play" crowd that has an issue with anyone that can paying a bit to hunt. Providing information less than accurate was not the way to go about it, I would imagine that is why he no longer posts. Credibility goes along way.

Quote Originally Posted by benelli-banger View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, from those of you who are so persuaded. Bottom line, I read everything UGUIDE wrote last spring, summer and fall, on this site and on his own website, and I must tell you that his crap was very, very apparent! I am not sure how others don't see it the same way, I guess I assume not everyone read enough of what he was spewing to arrive at the same conclusion. Like I may have said a day or two ago, I don't think I have a pattern of being a jerk around here, hopefully it is completely the opposite. Keep in mind UGUIDE is an advertiser/sponsor here, it probably does him no good to be in the throes of controversy or to be viewed as anything but a solid, credible source of pheasant hunting info...that probably motivated him to back away from the BS that was going on. He is capable and smart, and has a strong backbone--he can dish it out, too, and has. On a more positive note, the weather is starting to shape up nicely, and hopefully the combines are rolling! The 7-10 day forecast looks good for that...also, hearing good bird reports!!!!!
    I hunting his farm last year with the same guys and dogs that had hunted his place for many many years. I can tell you the bird numbers was way down 50% or better than the years previous. We are not going back this year not because of the hunting but because we had a significant falling out on a financial matter. We are still going back to SD this year to a different place for a whole less $. I hope it turns out well for us. This is the only vacation some of us get.

Quote Originally Posted by benelli-banger View Post
    I was tough on him after it was clear he was playing games here, but I also complimented what he is doing many, many times, and also, recommended his services many, many times. IMO, he brought the reaction on himself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I don't like being screwed with, that's all. I do look at his website, he has some good stuff on it. You can categorize me as a jerk, or whatever, but I would be pretty shocked if you could find posts from me that are harsh directed at anybody else...to the contrary, I try to be helpful...whatever.
    You have nothing to apologize for. I found much of what Uguide wrote to be off putting to say the least. He has a business he was trying to protect, however he came off poorly. Keeping away from his keyboard is probably a much better business plan.
    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

glad to hear some additional support...I am not trying to win a collective debate with the opposing voices from earlier in the thread, either...just wanted to make my point of view very clear...again, thanks, and more importantly, happy hunting!

good luck to you too.

thanks...love the weather forecast! Farmers should be getting back in the fields soon...

Good Riddance! That guy was full of BS and spin. Just me posting may bring him back. He hated me..........the feelings were mutual.

He did dig his own hole. Just surprised he abandoned ship, but then he did have an ego. I remember him once stating that he didn’t reply to anyone with less than 50 post. Lol

Perhaps he was a bit abrasive with his answers but his knowledge for farming for pheasants was unmatched and why yes of coarse I am a Uguide costumer going for my 3rd year and can promise you he has amazing habitat full of birds