Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uguide

Default Uguide

So UGUIDE abandoned this website, evidently? hmmm....several years ago (and beyond) he seemed to make many insightful contributions...still could, if he chose to, but something goofy happened last year, IMO...good guy, smart guy, would be a terrific resource around here. Hope his biz is doing well...saw he added another camp in NW SD...smart move, that's my future home!

yeah, i think he caught just too much shit and put himself in a vein of controversy, which you never want to do, especially if you have a hunting business.
    i think he figured out, it was just not worth it.......

Yah! Because we had a bunch of guys on here that were complete a$$holes to the guy...... (You for instance)

I don't blame him. He was an excellent resource on here. Too bad you were a bunch of jerks!

Quote Originally Posted by benelli-banger View Post
    So UGUIDE abandoned this website, evidently? hmmm....several years ago (and beyond) he seemed to make many insightful contributions...still could, if he chose to, but something goofy happened last year, IMO...good guy, smart guy, would be a terrific resource around here. Hope his biz is doing well...saw he added another camp in NW SD...smart move, that's my future home!

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog23 View Post
    Yah! Because we had a bunch of guys on here that were complete a$$holes to the guy...... (You for instance)

I don't blame him. He was an excellent resource on here. Too bad you were a bunch of jerks!

you are wrong my friend, i never commented on his ops, i might have disagreed with his erroneous statement that a drought did not affect pheasant reproduction......but that was it......he even sent me a free hat! you are just plain wrong...and save the name calling for your family and friends.

I didn't go back and look at who was who and what people were jerks to him. But,
    I know the person that started this post on UGUIDE was a Jerk.

So if you weren't a jerk to him, then I guess the name calling wasn't intended for you!!!!! Go tell your family and friends!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    you are wrong my friend, i never commented on his ops, i might have disagreed with his erroneous statement that a drought did not affect pheasant reproduction......but that was it......he even sent me a free hat! you are just plain wrong...and save the name calling for your family and friends.

Good grief.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Ditto. (which is less than 10 character minimum)
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog23 View Post
    I didn't go back and look at who was who and what people were jerks to him. But,
    I know the person that started this post on UGUIDE was a Jerk.

So if you weren't a jerk to him, then I guess the name calling wasn't intended for you!!!!! Go tell your family and friends!

I don't think anyone was a jerk to him at all. You are correct he was a great resource up until last year. That is when his reports and optimism did not match reality. I personally know some that spent the money and hunted with him the last couple of years. If I am going to spend the money to hunt I want a true assessment of what I will find, that is just honest business practice. No different than buying a car, a house or any other cash for product. All Benneli did was try to get him to give the honesty everyone else already knew. I am part of a yearly lease on a property in SD. I have been on this one 10 yrs or so. I get two blocks of time to hunt there. The farmer puts out food plots, leaves cover and tries to be bird friendly while trying to be profitable and feed his family. Every year he gives me an honest assessment and tells me what I will find. He is always 100% honest and told me the last couple years he would not blame me if I did not come. I still went and found some birds. I am not mad at him, he does what he can but can't control weather etc. He would not expect me to pay, but I do anyway because he has fulfilled his end of our contract and did not try to sell me a bill of goods that was less than true.

I was tough on him after it was clear he was playing games here, but I also complimented what he is doing many, many times, and also, recommended his services many, many times. IMO, he brought the reaction on himself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I don't like being screwed with, that's all. I do look at his website, he has some good stuff on it. You can categorize me as a jerk, or whatever, but I would be pretty shocked if you could find posts from me that are harsh directed at anybody else...to the contrary, I try to be helpful...whatever.

I was tough on him after it was clear he was playing games here, but I also complimented what he is doing many, many times, and also, recommended his services many, many times. IMO, he brought the reaction on himself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I don't like being screwed with, that's all. I do look at his website, he has some good stuff on it. You can categorize me as a jerk, or whatever, but I would be pretty shocked if you could find posts from me that are harsh directed at anybody else...to the contrary, I try to be helpful...whatever.
    Benelli, you were very fair in your comments. Nobody has complemented U-guide more than you have. Yes, you were tough on him also and rightfully so. Everyone ( but him) thought the drought and tough spring / summer conditions of 2017 were going to impact the hatch and we were right.
    Calling you or anyone a Jerk on this Forum is ridiculous. I always enjoy your posts, opinions and on the ground field updates. Please keep them coming!

Bob