Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Browning Auto 5 20 Gauge

I had a 86 Light 20 that I sold for some reason. If you ever want to sell that one let me know. I am getting ready to buy a sweet 16 Belgium. Guy actually has a new one in the box for $3600, but I am not buying that one.

I just found a NIB 82 Japan gun. 20 Ga 26” IC. Never fired. Bought it today. It has been fired now!

Awesome guns, all I hunt with is a 70x Magnum Twenty. Love it so much I just bought Another one 71x never fired.

I have two of them. Both blondes. One with a 26 inch IC and the other with a 28 inch mod. Still use them from time to time.

The one with a 26 inch bbl was my dads. That gun killed a bunch of quail in SE KS back in the times when there was quail down there.

IMG_1848 (1).jpg
    The one I snagged yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've owned a lot of shotguns over the years. Pumps, autos, singles, SxS's and OU's but it wasn't until about 10 years ago I bought my first Browning Auto 5. A 1960 Belgium "SweetSixteen" with 26" vent rib choked IC. After using it for awhile I thought why the heck did I not own one of these before. It has become the only gun I use for pheasants. I absolutely love it. BTW, for you Auto 5 20 ga. guys. Browning made the Auto 5 first in 12 ga. and then in 16 ga. When they did come out with a 20 they built it on the 16 ga. frame. Some of the parts from the Belgium 16's and 20's are interchangeable.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Good to know, Thanks George. Wonder if parts for both guns are getting hard to find?

I don't think they're too hard to find. Wood is getting hard to find. If I had a problem, I'd call Art's Gun Shop in Missouri first. There were over 3 million of them made so there are lots of parts out there. I knew the 20 and 16 wood was interchangeable. When I had the 12 gauge restored, he didn't have to replace any parts and that gun had been used hard. He said they seldom have parts break. Sometimes need a spring or two replaced.

IMG_0763.JPG

This is the 12 I had Arts restore. It was in rough shape. Wish I had taken a before pic.
    Last edited by akp; 10-02-2018 at 12:24 PM.