Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you have just one?

Last season, my first season back after a broken leg in Oct. of 2016, I shot a Browning Maxus 12GA during a trip to the Winner,S.D. area and mostly a Citori 20G during the other days in NE and eastern CO. A 6lb 4oz Lanber 12GA O/U didn't leave the safe last season as I decided I did not shoot it well two seasons before. Trap and sporting clays is a Citori Gran Prix sporter. Still on my list of things to do is a shoot-off between the Lanber 12GA and the Citori 20 GA on the same sporting clays course on the same day to see if I can figure out the issue. I have shot them both at a grease board with similar results so it must be something in my mount.
    Parker-7 yr old Yellow Lab
    Brady- 4 yr old Yellow Lab

I sold off my 20 O/U yesterday. Never shot it anyway. Bought a single shot 16ga on gunbroker, so I still have the same number. Looking to replace a Benelli Montefeltro that I traded off a while back, and if I trade in a couple guns toward that, maybe I can get a little ahead of of this thing.
    Last edited by Ericb; 10-02-2018 at 09:00 PM.

I got it down to a Cynergy Field 20ga OU and a brand new Sweet 16 that I haven’t even shot yet. Both really light guns that are easy on my back and quick to the shoulder. I have bought and sold a bunch, but found myself gravitating towards smaller gauges in the 6lb range when I turned 60. Don’t own a 12ga anymore. The wife says it’s time to stop now.

My wife asked me how many guns I have. I just acted like I didn’t hear her. Seemed to work.

I'm basically a one-shotgun guy. While I own several, I hunt and shoot targets with an Ithaca 200E 12 gauge with 26" barrels. Last year I had to send it to a chop to have the barrel hook re-attached. It was during the season. So I had to go to the backup--a Franchi diamond 12 gauge. It felt really heavy compared to my normal gun.

I would love to use just 1 gun. But then i see something new and it shoulders so well i have to get it...only been hunting shooting shotguns for 5 years and i have 5 shotguns...

It's only a problem if the other half find out!

I use a Beretta 687, 12 gauge, with a custom stock for everything except turkeys. No doubt this gun would work for turkeys (old 870 painted camo for turkeys). I shot better when I don't switch guns, and love my custom stock!
    "It takes birds to make a bird dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb View Post
    My wife asked me how many guns I have. I just acted like I didn’t hear her. Seemed to work.
    How many pairs of shoes does she have?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeismydog2 View Post
    How many pairs of shoes does she have?
    Funny you should ask. When I try to find out, she acts like she doesn’t hear me.
    Last edited by Ericb; 10-12-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Most all of the people Iíve bird hunted with are gun guys so all of them had multiple guns. I have a couple shotguns I use. I have my favorite which gets used 99.9% of the time. When I go out of state I bring 2 shotguns in case 1 has a malfunction. Ive seen that happen twice to other hunters.

I also keep two shotguns in the truck when out of state. One is choked Skeet and IC for when the birds are holding tight and one choked M and F for when the birds are skittish. I hate messing with chokes in the field so thatís my lazy way of dealing with it.