Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018 Favorite Pictures of Your Guns, Birds and Game

Quote Originally Posted by quail hound View Post
    I think JP's face in that pic speaks for itself. He's adapted to his new situation amazingly. He still enjoys chasing the ball, swimming, and hunting like he did before just in shorter spurts and with less rules and more table scraps.

He gets around well but it does take more effort now so he has only hunted short 20-30 min runs at first light when it's still cool out. JP hasn't got a bird yet this year, I know he will, but if I could project some human emotions on him I believe he realizes his situation and is happy just to be along for the ride.

Unfortunately he is not cancer free and I'm not pursuing anymore treatment. Not sure how long he'll be around but every day with him is a blessing and any walk behind him with a gun in hand is just icing on the cake.
    That’s a tough deal but looks like you and JP are making the best of it. JP’s expression says it all!

Hey all, went out solo today and had fun with a hammergun. Took my 12b J. Harkom out and managed to get a couple. Sad thing is I lost one. He was hit, but got into some real thick cattails and Raina wasn't able to find him, hate doing that! But all in all a good day, beats work!

Best,

Greg
    Gregory J. Westberg
    MSG, USA
    Ret

Got back from Ideal SD yesterday morning. Left a day early to prevent getting stuck in the snow. Bird counts are okay but they were very edgy. We scared many before we could get a shot.
    Great trip as always though. This is a 1902 Ithaca Lewis grade 3 in 12 gauge.
    Ithaca Flues 16 gauge (1921)
    Ithaca NID 16 gauge (1935)
    Ithaca Two Bolt hammer side by side 12 gauge (1912)
    Ithaca 51 Magnum 20 gauge
    Browning Citori 16 gauge
    Savage 720 16 gauge (1939)
    Marlin 90 16 gauge (1944)
    Ithaca 37's pump 16 gauge (1941 and 1952)

Selfie of me & Buzz from Nov. 10 on a WPA out by Salem. He was brilliant, as usual, & I had my Sweet 16 dialed in pretty good that day too. RIP buddy. We'll get 'em again together someday.
    1110181504d.jpg
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

My Lady dog put on an absolute show of beautiful work while in Kansas. Shooting a limit of roosters on pressured public land over staunch points speaks for itself, this little dog gets it.

IMG_20181128_134222_489.jpg
    "The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by quail hound View Post
    My Lady dog put on an absolute show of beautiful work while in Kansas. Shooting a limit of roosters on pressured public land over staunch points speaks for itself, this little dog gets it.
    Oh, wow! What a beautiful photo! Nice work, Lady!
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Bella on a great woodcock point!

Bella point.jpg
    River - 2 yr old English Setter
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Bella - 4 yr old Brittany
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Ellie - 5 yr old Yellow Lab
    Jazi - 12/30/2005 -- 10/13/2017
    Kaci - 3/23/01 - -10/8/15

Nice retrieve on a frosty morning last week in North dakota!