Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana 2018!!

cooking it sous vide

You could always put some Sharptail in a small plastic garbage bag, submerge it in your truck's radiator's tank and then drive around looking for David Letterman. The upside with that method is that if the bag leaks, it won't affect the taste.
    Good luck and expect the first trip there to be mostly a learning experience. Sign in at every BMA box you come to to help the land owners feel good about being in the program. They get/got $10/hunter day for being in the program.

Quote Originally Posted by calamari View Post
    cooking it sous vide

You could always put some Sharptail in a small plastic garbage bag, submerge it in your truck's radiator's tank and then drive around looking for David Letterman. The upside with that method is that if the bag leaks, it won't affect the taste.
    Good luck and expect the first trip there to be mostly a learning experience. Sign in at every BMA box you come to to help the land owners feel good about being in the program. They get/got $10/hunter day for being in the program.
    That there was the post of the year!

We leave Monday. Hunting Wednesday-Friday. Weather looks like itís going to be perfect. Hoping itíll be productive. Pictures forthcoming!

Somebody else on the forum from Calif. is there now for his first trip. I'll let him describe his experience. I hope he does.
    Diet coke and books on tape. They help.

Sharptails are good. You have to know how to cook them.

Quote Originally Posted by calamari View Post
    Somebody else on the forum from Calif. is there now for his first trip. I'll let him describe his experience. I hope he does.
    Diet coke and books on tape. They help.
    I look forward to reading it. We are heading to northern Utah to meet up with my buddies dad and brother. Then heading up the hill early Tuesday. Hopefully a little scouting to pick the best looking spot to start the adventure.

Success will be measured in the experience, not bird count!

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    Calamariís recipe looked pretty tempting!

In all fairness, Itís with most game. I made an awesome barbacoa with my snow good horde that the family loved. Otherwise they despise the flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    Share the recipe. I love Snow breasts sliced, pounded, chicken fried and then a cream pan gravy on mashed potatoes. Pressure cook the legs and thighs for 18 minutes and then toss with Buffalo wings sauce and watch football. Sharptails, I'll need to see the recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Beniciahd View Post
    I look forward to reading it. We are heading to northern Utah to meet up with my buddies dad and brother. Then heading up the hill early Tuesday. Hopefully a little scouting to pick the best looking spot to start the adventure.

Success will be measured in the experience, not bird count!
    He's in Great Falls now. Snowing and 25 degrees today and the places he's gone to were crowded and pounded. He's not in grain country yet.

I just drove from West Yellowstone to Miles City today and it snowed all the way to Billings. Good luck to those of you hunting Montana this year!
    "The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson