Thread: What the heck is my new (now around 10weeks ) thinking ?

Default What the heck is my new (now around 10weeks ) thinking ?

Hi everyone,

I have my 3 rd setter pup just home recently and he seems to show signs I either blanked out years ago or these are issues that need addressing.

He seems to really nip me, not my wife, itís getting better but just really chomps.

He is humping our senior lab as well as his bed, this os the one issue I would like to address if anyone can clue me in a bit.

Cheers

Go back and establish dominance. Start by making him sit stay until released when feeding, doorways, leaving the kennel etc.

Thanks
    Heís a pistol for sure, two previous Llewelyns and this is a first
    Heís young but boy is he stern already, not sure if having the older dogs is confusing him or not, once we start hitting bird grounds that should help him relax,

I say enjoy it. He wont be a puppy for very long. But this is probably the very reason some people go to started dogs, to skip the puppy stage. I prefer the puppy stage myself.
    Some people talk about it, some people live it!

It's super easy to take a couple of pieces of kibble out the bowl and have them sit or stand or whoa or whatever before sitting the bowl down.

Sounds like that one is gonna be a handful all his life. I got nuthin other than what was mentioned above....discipline, discipline, discipline. Best of luck.

Sounds like a pup being a pup. Don't reward the bad behavior IE the biting. If he humps the bed oh well he will figure that out too.
    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam