Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: SD crop report 7/22

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Rolla Mo
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Farmers are gonna start on beans in about 10 days if rain holds off.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glenview, Illinois
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watermen View Post
    Farmers are gonna start on beans in about 10 days if rain holds off.

    Week Ending 9/2

    Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 6 percent very poor, 8 poor, 21 fair, 45 good, and
    20 excellent. Corn dough was 98 percent, ahead of 88 last year and 91 for the five-year average. Dented was 73 percent, well ahead of 40 last year and 50 average. Mature was 14 percent, ahead of 1 last year and 4 average.
    Soybean condition rated 9 percent very poor, 11 poor, 23 fair, 43 good, and 14 excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 25 percent, ahead of 15 last year and 16 average.
    Last edited by Hockeybob; 09-05-2018 at 05:32 AM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybob View Post
    Week Ending 9/2

    Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 6 percent very poor, 8 poor, 21 fair, 45 good, and
    20 excellent. Corn dough was 98 percent, ahead of 88 last year and 91 for the five-year average. Dented was 73 percent, well ahead of 40 last year and 50 average. Mature was 14 percent, ahead of 1 last year and 4 average.
    Soybean condition rated 9 percent very poor, 11 poor, 23 fair, 43 good, and 14 excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 25 percent, ahead of 15 last year and 16 average.
    Thanks Bob...appreciate your weekly reports!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glenview, Illinois
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybob View Post
    Week Ending 8/26

    Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 5 percent very poor, 9 poor, 22 fair, 46 good, and
    18 excellent. Corn dough was 94 percent, ahead of 77 last year and 83 for the five-year average. Dented was 56 percent, well ahead of 22 last year and 28 average. Mature was 3 percent, near
    1 average.
    Soybean condition rated 6 percent very poor, 9 poor, 26 fair, 45 good, and 14 excellent. Soybeans setting pods was 97 percent, near 93 both last year and average. Dropping leaves was 16 percent, ahead of 5 last year and 6 average.
    Week Ending 9/11

    Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 6 percent very poor, 10 poor, 20 fair, 44 good, and 20 excellent. Corn dented was 90 percent, well ahead of 58 last year and 69 for the five-year average. Mature was 29 percent, well ahead of 4 last year, and ahead of 10 average.
    Soybean condition rated 7 percent very poor, 10 poor, 24 fair, 46 good, and 13 excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 45 percent, well ahead of 25 last year, and ahead of 31 average. Harvested was 1 percent.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybob View Post
    Week Ending 9/11

    Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 6 percent very poor, 10 poor, 20 fair, 44 good, and 20 excellent. Corn dented was 90 percent, well ahead of 58 last year and 69 for the five-year average. Mature was 29 percent, well ahead of 4 last year, and ahead of 10 average.
    Soybean condition rated 7 percent very poor, 10 poor, 24 fair, 46 good, and 13 excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 45 percent, well ahead of 25 last year, and ahead of 31 average. Harvested was 1 percent.
    thanks for posting these reports, Bob.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Full time NE South Dakota now
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Soybeans are starting be harvested in NE South Dakota, lots of fields are just now turning yellow but the ones planted early are being harvested. Silage is almost complete and some corn is being harvested in the Doland area. I would guess that corn harvest will be ahead of normal, with more corn harvested prior to Opening Day than normal. Canadian Geese are easy pickings at this time if you have access to wheat fields especially the ones that got planted with cover crops... SDViking

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glenview, Illinois
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdviking View Post
    Soybeans are starting be harvested in NE South Dakota, lots of fields are just now turning yellow but the ones planted early are being harvested. Silage is almost complete and some corn is being harvested in the Doland area. I would guess that corn harvest will be ahead of normal, with more corn harvested prior to Opening Day than normal. Canadian Geese are easy pickings at this time if you have access to wheat fields especially the ones that got planted with cover crops... SDViking
    Crop Report Week Ending 9/16
    Corn condition rated 7 percent very poor, 9 poor, 21 fair, 44 good, and 19 excellent. Corn dented was 95 percent, well ahead of 75 last year, and ahead of 83 for the five-year average. Mature was 44 percent, well ahead of 13 last year and 23 average. Harvested was 2 percent, near 1 average.
    Soybean condition rated 8 percent very poor, 9 poor, 23 fair, 44 good, and 16 excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 68 percent, well ahead of 46 last year, and ahead of 51 average. Harvested was 6 percent, ahead of 1 average.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Full time NE South Dakota now
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Hen report taken this morning along my shelterbelt.hens sep18.jpghens1 sep 18.jpg

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Cool pics sdviking....thanks for sharing!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Full time NE South Dakota now
    Posts
    199

    Default

    A little over three inches of rain has fallen in NE South Dakota over the past 4 days. Sunny weekend forecast then chance of rain early next week. Harvest has stopped for a little while. The good news is that the grass has greened up nicely and the sloughs are a little wet. SDViking

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •