Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public hunting maps for South Dakota?

Just use the public land map section of the SD GFP app on your phone. Or, if you are going to be hunting an area with poor cell signal, download the public land map to a GPS unit. Between the paper book and the app, you'll have your bases covered.

In past years, you were able to ask for the Hunting Atlas to be mailed directly to you. After reviewing the new SDGF website, I cannot locate this option. I have not picked up a new atlas in about 5 years. I use my old atlas with my notes.
    Are they still printing paper copies of the Hunting Atlas?

I was able to connect with someone and they sent me this years map in a magazine paper form.

I believe you need to call them...I couldn't find the option either.

Would assume they are still printing the paper maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimar1991 View Post
    In past years, you were able to ask for the Hunting Atlas to be mailed directly to you. After reviewing the new SDGF website, I cannot locate this option. I have not picked up a new atlas in about 5 years. I use my old atlas with my notes.
    yes, you can get the 2018 public hunting atlas now, request under FAQ column......i got 2 of them already.
    they will mail them to you free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    yes, you can get the 2018 public hunting atlas now, request under FAQ column......i got 2 of them already.
    they will mail them to you free of charge.
    Here's a link:

https://apps.sd.gov/gf100specialeven...msRequest.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by SPUR60 View Post
    Just use the public land map section of the SD GFP app on your phone. Or, if you are going to be hunting an area with poor cell signal, download the public land map to a GPS unit. Between the paper book and the app, you'll have your bases covered.
    This is good advice. We use older gps units while driving around with the atlas downloaded on the chip. We also have the paper book out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimar1991 View Post
    Yes, give this a try: http://apps.sd.gov/gf100specialevent...msRequest.aspx

Thanks everyone for the help in requesting a Hunting Atlas.