Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweet 16?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyB View Post
    What web sites have you reviewed for the A5 16ga? Guns International seem to have the most used 20 and 16's...

Art's Gun Shop in MO. sells/inventories lots of used A5's and they are well known for their repair shop; Art used to work for Browning years ago.
    Damn, just looked up their website. Plethora of guns to choose from!

Any leads on an A5 Ultimate if I choose to go that route?

I looked at this gun (Jaqua) 16 ga. Great price and fine looking gun. Do you know when it was mfg? Post 1954? has the auto load feature.

Don't think you are going to find a better deal!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyB View Post
    I looked at this gun (Jaqua) 16 ga. Great price and fine looking gun. Do you know when it was mfg? Post 1954? has the auto load feature.

Don't think you are going to find a better deal!

That's what I was thinking. Hoping it's still available when the funds come around. Wondering how stiff the action is? Can't travel out there to test first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyebowhunter View Post
    Jaqua's has a nice one I've been thinking about, older Jap model sweet 16.
    That Jap gun for $900 is a good deal, plus is has chokes. Bear in mind that the Jap Sweets were supposedly a little heavier guns than the Belgium made guns. Might want to check the weight of it with the seller.

And the Belgium Sweet with the solid rib will also be a tad heavier also but not enough to notice.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Jap gun mfg date - 1987. You do have an inspection period to evaluate the gun, according to their web site.

George sez it's a good deal...got to be!

Art's has a good variety from guns int just depends on how much you are willing to spend

I've had the itch to get sweet sixteen for the past few years. Not a huge fan of the way the new ones look machine pressed with no scroll work. I have an A-5 12 with a poly choke that was my fathers. I'm thinking of just looking for the perfect Belgium made Sweet anything else and I know I wouldn't be happy. Maybe I can convince the fiancÚ to get it for me...wishful thinking I know lol.

I just picked up a new Sweet Sixteen A5. Reviews have been very good and 5lb 13 oz on digital scale. Should be a great gun to carry when covering a lot of ground.