Thread: Winchester 101 Field

Default Winchester 101 Field

Anyone on here shoot a Winchester 101 Field? If you do what do you think of them? any issues?

Thanks!

Never shot one. Word on the street is that some folks feel the recoil is harsh. Something about the geometry.

Might want to shoot one.

I think they are awesome Iíve been trying to snag my brothers for years, always shot the 101 better than a Citori in 12 gauge. You canít go wrong with a 101.

I have the 101 Field from Bass Pro. Last year it became my go to gun for everything. Recoil is not an issue.

I have a 101 that I bought in 1985 and love it. In my younger years, I didn't usually need the second barrel for single birds and mostly used it to double. Don't know where that went. I do think it is a bit heavy if you're longer in the tooth. I bought a Weatherby Orion in 20 that is lighter and have since also picked up a Benelli Montefeltro that is lighter still. They are good guns.
    Trust the dog!

Troy Smith

I had a 12ga 101 Field. Loved everything about it but the weight. I've since loaded up on 20 ga O/U's but did pick up a 101 Pigeon Grade 20 recently. Haven't shot it yet but looking forward to it.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

I have a 20 fixed choke imp and mod. I bought it around 1977 had it fitted for a lefty. I'm sure I've killed over 2000 pheasants with that gun. I spent more to have it rebuilt than what I originally paid I no longer shoot 3 inch magnums with it. I have a Benelli berretta citori couple 16 BPS. If I could only take 1 gun on a hunting trip it would be the 101. Mine is a little better made than the ones I see on the rack today. For me anyhow it's the best balanced most natural pointing gun I own. Southern boys I used to hunt with always said no wonder we lost the war. Wasn't me it was the 101.