Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overthinking, need help getting the GF a her first shotgun

If I had a girlfriend, my choices would be:
    Cynergy Micro Midas OU if she’s blond and sassy
    New Browning A5 Sweet 16 w/ 26” barrel if she’s a serious bird hunter, loves dogs, and kinda earthy in a cool sorta way
    I’ve been married 45 years on July 1st, so I better not have a girlfriend. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    Not sure how much you are looking to spend but a 12 ga. Benelli Ultra Light might be a good choice.
    Best advice #10. if I had to have only one gun for everything—god forbid—it would be my ultra-lite—.12

Getting my wife a lightweight 20 dramatically heightened her enjoyment of a day wandering the prairie.

Check out the Syren line of shotguns built specifically for woman. My wife was having problems with all the shotguns we tried from the youth models to the adults and none would fit her correctly. I researched the Syren line of firearms and the day she picked one up we walked out of the store with it and never looked back. She has the Syren XLR5 Waterfowler semiautomatic has been very pleased with the gun. Syren is a division of Caesar Guerini and they are a quality built shotgun. Syren also offers ladies over and under shotguns so I would highly recommend checking their firearms out. A correctly fitted shotgun makes all of the difference.

If a 12ga will kill it, a 20ga will kill it. The shot is all going the same speed.

That said, the pattern can be a little smaller. But, I've found many women prefer a 20 to a 12. Hell, I shoot way more 20 than 12. The guns are generally lighter, recoil generally lower, and overall, I like them. If upland is the game, I see no big disadvantage.

When my girl goes with me to bird hunt, I empower her with a Benelli Monteltro Super 90 20 gauge.

I would go with a Benelli Montefeltro 20 gauge. I just bought one for myself. Great gun for $999 and less than 5.5 lbs.

If you're hunting over a dog, she can carry the gun on her shoulder or cradle it until the dog gets birdy or points. also, there are special holsters that you rest the butt of the stock in that carry all the weight.
    Last edited by BritChaser; 10-20-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country