Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: blizzard could be bad....

We saw several proudly parading roosters on our trip back to MN on Sunday... took 212 for the entire state. I would say upwards of over 100 long tails were strutting their pride between snowstorms on Sunday. Looking good South Dakota!
    ...even the blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes

I maybe way wrong but the forecast looks like the farmers will be looking to get some corn in the ground pretty soon

much too wet in the area I follow...

BB I'm hunting the De Smet area. I don't think that is to far from your home range. How long before you think that they can get busy

I know it is VERY wet out there...I can see that Cavour is wet, and that is not too far from De Smet...my area is quite wet...go to SD 511 and click on a camera near you and look at the fields...WET!

Might be better than hot and dry last year

talking to a farmer friend...he HOPES to start his corn in 2 weeks...HOPES....and, they have until about May 25th to finish corn in order to have crop insurance coverage...may be some acres that don't get planted...quite a few roads are flooded, fwiw...

Respectfully, isnt it always something with the weather? Its either too dry or too wet, too hot of too cool, its always something.
    Mike