Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: French Brittany

Default French Brittany

I am about to put down my deposit on my first French Britt. The pups are due in about a month, and obviously we are very excited! I have two friends with dogs from a previous breeding between the sire and a sister of the dam, so I have a pretty good idea of the quality of hunter I'll be getting. The whole family is excited to have a puppy in the house, and I'm excited about the puppy as well as the hunting dog it will grow into.

Just wondering who else on the forum runs French Brits. Feel free to post up some pics or brag up your little dog. I would love to see your pics and hear your stories.

Congrats on your new pup! French dogs are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    I am about to put down my deposit on my first French Britt. The pups are due in about a month, and obviously we are very excited! I have two friends with dogs from a previous breeding between the sire and a sister of the dam, so I have a pretty good idea of the quality of hunter I'll be getting. The whole family is excited to have a puppy in the house, and I'm excited about the puppy as well as the hunting dog it will grow into.

Just wondering who else on the forum runs French Brits. Feel free to post up some pics or brag up your little dog. I would love to see your pics and hear your stories.
    Where are you getting your Frenchy from? my coworker has a deposit down on a french brit too.

I have owned 10 Brittany’s over my hunting career 2 of which were French britts They are some of the most loyal and Bidable dogs I have owned . Congratulations on your pup and post pictures when you get him or her !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeismydog2 View Post
    Where are you getting your Frenchy from? my coworker has a deposit down on a french brit too.
    I don't know if he has an official kennel business, or if he would appreciate me posting his name online. If you're looking for a dog, I would share his contact info privately though...

I tracked him down through a different breeder who owned a sister to his dam and used his male as a sire. Two friends of mine have some super dogs from that other breeder, so I'm optimistic that my dog will turn out like theirs. I guess we'll see!

Good luck to your friend.

20 years of running Frenchies. You’ll love em.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBrittman View Post
    I have owned 10 Brittany’s over my hunting career 2 of which were French britts They are some of the most loyal and Bidable dogs I have owned . Congratulations on your pup and post pictures when you get him or her !!!
    I'm glad to hear they were good dogs for you. Cooperative dogs make hunting so much more fun. I'll definitely post up some pics when she arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Altillathedak View Post
    20 years of running Frenchies. You’ll love em.
    That's pretty great loyalty to the breed! How many have you had in that time? I think if I go back exactly 20 years, it would include at least part of the lives of three hunting dogs and two pet dogs. Actually, I took all 5 on hunting trips, but only 3 really hunted... I enjoyed the variety of having the different breeds. However, if FBs live up to their reputation, there should be a lot of long-term advantages to the French Britt.

Three French Brits and a French Spaniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Altillathedak View Post
    Three French Brits and a French Spaniel.
    Where did you get your French Spaniel?
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5