Thread: Pup outside

Default Pup outside

what is recommendation on age of lab pup in kennel run outside?

No age in the winter in MN. Summer the skeets will drain their blood as well. It's a tough sell up here. Parts of the year it is as enjoyable to them as it is for man camping under the stars. I quit doing it many years ago when I opened my Labs house and about 5,000 mosquitos bailed out.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

I would have to agree with FCSpringer if it's an outside only kennel run. I've seen some nice inside/outside runs where the inside is closed off from the outside, which makes it a little more tolerable to the elements. Them damn skeets will eat em alive if there outside all day.

One solution albeit not the cheapest.

kennel.jpg
    Last edited by birdshooter; 02-21-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdshooter View Post
    I would have to agree with FCSpringer if it's an outside only kennel run. I've seen some nice inside/outside runs where the inside is closed off from the outside, which makes it a little more tolerable to the elements. Them damn skeets will eat em alive if there outside all day.

One solution albeit not the cheapest.

kennel.jpg
    Very nice! What brand are those panels? I currently have chain link but hope to use welded panels next time.
    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by Gatzby View Post
    Very nice! What brand are those panels? I currently have chain link but hope to use welded panels next time.
    Ha ha, that's not my setup. 😊

I keep my two GSP's indoors. I just pulled that pic off the net as an example of indoor/outdoor run.

My four dogs are in outside runs year round. However they are roughing it with heated houses with flap doors & sleeping compartments separate from the entry.
    Runs are covered from Sun & snow. One dog is the "house dog" at a time so they get their social time & we get to spoil'em some.

A young Pup of any breed is an exception to being out in cold weather. Till any of our Pups were around 5-6 mos old I don't kennel them out in the Winter.
    Pups here are occasional as we replace our dogs through attrition of old age & passing. The flea & tick preventative we use also repels mosquitoes.
    Any grown dog with draft free, insulated sleeping quarters & a run sheltered from hot sun & cold winds can be kenneled outside. We live in the North Shore of Lake Superior MN. area.
    Winters come early & stay long here. Our setup works fine & the dogs are well cared for & content. It can be done.

Heated house is not outside LOL.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.