Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: End of Season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    434

    Default End of Season

    We enjoyed another great season in the fields of Eastern, Colorado. Echo and I continue to learn and get better.

    We appreciate hunting with new people and their dogs. It is great to not have to explain to someone why you love to get up at 3:30 am, drive 500 miles and walk 12 miles.

    I confess that I am an upland addict, and I don't want a cure.

    Here are the videos.

    https://youtu.be/uAZxd65nvJU

    https://youtu.be/XGW623QrRUs

    http://www.huntfishgolfwork.com/videos-viii/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Parker, Colorado
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Great video as always.. Nice shot one the bird in the second video... Looked like a bit of a poke.
    "When I am not hunting I am thinking about hunting. Hunting is on my mind because it is in my blood."
    -- Jim Shockey

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uplandhunter67 View Post
    Great video as always.. Nice shot one the bird in the second video... Looked like a bit of a poke.
    Thanks man. Believe it or not, the final rooster evaded capture....and flew again! My shot must have been caught only feathers. Bummer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Parker, Colorado
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walk213 View Post
    Thanks man. Believe it or not, the final rooster evaded capture....and flew again! My shot must have been caught only feathers. Bummer.
    I hit one this year like that. He got up close and flew almost over my head. First shot blew feathers out like a pillow. My brain said well he was too close. Yet he kept flying. I swung on him again and slapped the trigger. Again another explosion of feathers and he kept going this time trailing feathers like smoke streaming out of a hit fighter plane. He sailed out into a milo field where I lost sight of him. Sucks to have lost him. I was using #4’s..
    "When I am not hunting I am thinking about hunting. Hunting is on my mind because it is in my blood."
    -- Jim Shockey

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uplandhunter67 View Post
    I hit one this year like that. He got up close and flew almost over my head. First shot blew feathers out like a pillow. My brain said well he was too close. Yet he kept flying. I swung on him again and slapped the trigger. Again another explosion of feathers and he kept going this time trailing feathers like smoke streaming out of a hit fighter plane. He sailed out into a milo field where I lost sight of him. Sucks to have lost him. I was using #4’s..
    I am also shooting #4 HEVI-Shot Pheasant. I think my patten is concentrated on the back end of the bird. At 30 yards + I don't make lethal contact. I need to work on my shooting in the off season. I don't like injuring birds.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Parker, Colorado
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walk213 View Post
    I am also shooting #4 HEVI-Shot Pheasant. I think my patten is concentrated on the back end of the bird. At 30 yards + I don't make lethal contact. I need to work on my shooting in the off season. I don't like injuring birds.
    It would be worth it spending some time at a patterning board with chokes and loads. You might be surprised on what you may find. Then spend time on the skeet range working on consistent mounting and swing. Stopping the gun when you slap the trigger is one of the most common shooting errors.

    Golden Gun Club is back open to the public... I could use the practice myself..
    "When I am not hunting I am thinking about hunting. Hunting is on my mind because it is in my blood."
    -- Jim Shockey

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    2

    Default

    You guys are from Parker? I moved here a couple years ago and have been looking for mentors (yeah, I'm a newb). I know it's the end of the season, but maybe we can link up come november, or if you guys field trial at all.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •