Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camping questions

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    You can camp on state land.
    http://ksoutdoors.com/content/downlo...le/R-08-09.pdf

Only where designated by being posted according to that

Well if you haven't already headed out, I just slept on the side of dirt roads/highway pull offs in the truck while out in KS this year, no one every bothered me. From reading around on the regs I gathered that state land is supposed to be posted for the purpose of camping, I definitely saw some areas at WMAs and such posted no camping and some specifically designated areas. Anyway, this site has some info, https://freecampsites.net/, and many of those little city parks I found to have water spigots to refill the drinking water jugs and some electrical plug ins so I wouldn't have to use my truck battery so much for charging collars and the like. Hope it goes well.

Just got back to wisconsin after seven days in kansas, i had no problems finding places to stay. Not hunting in kansas before i ended up doing some traveling around the smokey hills region looking for quail but state camp grounds are dispersed nicely and make for a good place to stay. I only got to see three coveys the biggest being about a dozen but i only hunted public land so i'm thinking next year maybe i should go a little earlier in the year? There were hulls on the ground just about every walk in i hunted so it lead me to believe that the hunting was good there at some point in the year.

The public ground just flat got hammered this year and what quail are left on public are very wise.

That's what i was told as well, i did get the opportunity to meet some really nice people that were more than willing to give out tips to increase my odds and its things like that that warrants a return trip for me next year. I hunted ducks in Arkansas last year and people were rude and made a guy feel unwelcome i'm guessing they don't like out of state hunters and for me there methods were successful because i'll never return. Thanks for the hospitality Kansas id be happy to return the favor with some Wisconsin duck hunting or some South Dakota roosters if we ever meet up.