Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow is a big day!!

Default Tomorrow is a big day!!

Tomorrow is a big day....one that I've been waiting on for a long time.

My folks divorced when I was very young... I ended up in KS and my dad ended up in Alabama with all the rest of his family. As a kid/adult I have always traveled down to Alabama since I have the entire side of my dad's family there. Long story short... tomorrow I get to go bird hunting with my dad for the first time. 35 years old and I've been waiting for this day for a long time. He hasn't been to KS in 17 years aside from 1 day for my wedding and has never seen where I live or met my dog or anything. Before I was born and when I was a baby he had bird dogs and used to bird hunt all the time.

He's flying up today and we will be hunting my best 2 honey holes. He's 63, not in the best of health, and hasn't quail hunted since I was 3 years old. The farmers gave me permission to drive back in the fields to the prime spots to save his legs a little since he can't walk as far. I know he's a little nervous about the cold as it is usually 60-70 degrees where he lives this time of year. I'm excited about the snow! I think the area we are hunting got another inch out of this morning snow. I'm hoping the pheasants sit tight and the quail are abundant! I sure hope he can hit one! It has to be like riding a bike right? haha.

I'll be wearing my GoPro as usual to capture this memory on film.

To say I'm excited would be an understatement!
    -Mark

Sounds like a real treat Mark. Cherish the moment as you never know if you'll get a chance like this again. The GoPro is a great idea.

Wishing you and your dad a safe and great hunt, cherish yuour time in the field with him!
    River - 3 yr old English Setter
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Bella - 5 yr old Brittany
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Ellie - 6 yr old Yellow Lab
    Jazi - 12/30/2005 -- 10/13/2017
    Kaci - 3/23/01 - -10/8/15

Good luck to you and your dad. It's great that your getting a chance to make those memories now. Unfortunately we never know when that opportunity will be taken away.

That's great! Enjoy your time together. I'm out west until Friday.

I sure hope everything goes well, and you have a great time.

Mark,
    Good for you getting out with your Dad! Those are precious moments. I wish I had made it out to Kansas to hunt with my father. Tried to get him to come out about 10 years back, he was in his mid 80's and still doing well; he wouldn't have carried a gun but just tagged along. He is now 94 and any thoughts of taking him out are gone. Hope that my boys want to take me out to Kansas when they get older and I can still walk.
    Have fun and enjoy those moments!
    Cheers,
    Wolf

Mark,
    Good for you getting out with your Dad! Those are precious moments. I wish I had made it out to Kansas to hunt with my father. Tried to get him to come out about 10 years back, he was in his mid 80's and still doing well; he wouldn't have carried a gun but just tagged along. He is now 94 and any thoughts of taking him out are gone. Hope that my boys want to take me out to Kansas when they get older and I can still walk.
    Have fun and enjoy those moments!
    Cheers,
    Wolf

Mark,

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you and your dad have a great time. Look forward to seeing any video you get!

Best of luck to you guys , can't wait to see the pictures!!!