Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 gauge

Default 16 gauge

What happened to the 16 gauge at or under 6#s all the manufactures were promising? All credit given to browning for their offering! BUT what about us guys that like doubles? Yes I know I can buy an older gun to fit the bill,but I would like a stacked or sxs.Any ideas or inside info? I have older ones but would like a modern gun with chokes for piece of mind and no-toxic areas. PLEASE.

What manufacturers are you talking about that had promised such a gun? I'm not aware of any so please enlighten me.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

There is a great forum on 16ga.com to find out the latest. CZ makes a 16 gauge as does TriStar which both are mid-range cost wise. I have owned a few different 16 gauge guns over the years and my current favorites are the Remington 1100 and the Marlin Model 90 O/U. The fun is in the hunt, have fun shopping.

I believe Dickinson markets a 16 Ga. SXS through their Custom Shop and I believe Fausti offers one, as well.

www.16ga.com is a great site and a good resource.
    Last edited by Olden Cranky; 12-14-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: More info.

Quote Originally Posted by Olden Cranky View Post
    I believe Dickinson markets a 16 Ga. SXS through their Custom Shop and I believe Fausti offers one, as well.

www.16ga.com is a great site and a good resource.
    Fondled a couple Fausti O/U 16s last winter at Pheasant Fest. So nice. I thought I was over them, but just thinking about them now kind of rekindles the fire. Seems to me they were just under 6.5 lbs.
    Last edited by A5 Sweet 16; 12-14-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Fair and Rizzini offer both guns in 16, right now the lightest is the Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen, the gun is getting good reviews.

Runnings is selling new Browning 525 Field O/Uís on GB. Listed weight is 6.8 and it will cost you 2000.00 they ordered 200 for their stores. They look nice.

Buy a Fausti.

My Browning White Lightning 16GA is about 7 lbs. I sometimes wish it was lighter (Browning occasionally makes the Superlight Feather in 16 I hear), but when I use the awesome Federal PF shells on wild birds I am glad it isn't any lighter.

I have the Browning Citori Lightning Feather and love it with the exception of the recoil. Drops birds like rocks but rocks my shoulder as well.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX