Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for leads on a pup this Spring

BDC2, do you know either of those guys, or have a friend with one of their dogs?

No I sure don't. The first guy kind of looks like they might be spitting them out like cord wood? The Facebook one looks like they have only had a litter or 2? It might be worth a call, they look like they have ended up in some pretty decent homes. Facebook gun dog classifieds you might be able to find a litter that way. Toad if you are not completely set on breed there is a griffon breeder in Belvue. After having chessies for 25plus years I'm not sure how I feel about winter coats in Kansas any more.
    Last edited by BrownDogsCan2; 02-28-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDogsCan2 View Post
    No I sure don't. The first guy kind of looks like they might be spitting them out like cord wood? The Facebook one looks like they have only had a litter or 2? It might be worth a call, they look like they have ended up in some pretty decent homes. Facebook gun dog classifieds you might be able to find a litter that way. Toad if you are not completely set on breed there is a griffon breeder in Belvue. After having chessies for 25plus years I'm not sure how I feel about winter coats in Kansas any more.
    Thanks man. I got a pretty stern warning about GWPs from a vet friend, so I'm a little goosey. Basically said that there are GWP breeders in KS hiding known issues and breeding strictly for the money, and turning out physically unfit dogs. I'm sure that happens in every breed, but the GWP gene pool isn't that big within reasonable driving distance of me, so I'm being pretty skeptical of everything right now.

And on the coats, yeah I swore 10 years ago I would never get another long haired dog... But clippering a dog isn't the worst way to spend an hour. They seem to learn to enjoy haircuts, and recently my kids are even helping out so the dog's coat is not that big of a deal like it was before I got a good set of clippers. I might even say the dog looks pretty sharp when I'm done.

About to place my deposit on a litter of French Brittany pups. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

One thing I observed during my puppy search this time was a lot more breed bashing than I remember in the past. Maybe it's because I was undecided on breed for so long, and was really more focused on what I wanted the dog to do rather than what breed it needed to be. It seemed like every breeder just had to get in their little jabs about the other breeds. I guess everybody likes their own brand better than the others... It was kind of funny to me because I'm not really loyal to any breed and I think most "bad" dogs are actually good dogs with bad handlers. haha!

Good luck on your pup! Send us pics when you get her/him.

No longer searching. Have agreed to rehome a young French Brittany from a member on this site. Can't wait to put her on quail and pheasants in November!