Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Crop weed killer killing chicks?

Farmers have practically been bathing in RoundUp for the past 40 years.

I worked for a large farmer in high school and college. When we weren't in the fields plant/harvesting/working ground, my main job was to run around on a four wheeler spraying Johnson grass in the field edges, around oil wells, in waterways, etc. I did take a bath in it, on more than one occasion. Mixed 4 ounces to the gallon for spot spraying, you don't even notice that it is anything other than water. Mixing up in a big sprayer for the fields you dilute it even further. Dries at the rate of water. If it rains within an hour its washed off and does no good. I'm not sure what I was supposed to notice if I'd ever got it on my skin. Both the heavily concentrated version, as well as the self-diluted version.

Quote Originally Posted by BritChaser View Post
    If you've ever gotten any of this product on your skin, then you know what it does to a birds craw, gizzard, and gut after they go feed on grain lying in a harvested field that ha
    I have had it all over me. I had a hose on a bulk tank blow and doused me in it. I have never seen it have any effect on my skin. You have to eat more of it than table salt to kill you, caffeine has a lower lethal dosage.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...link-to-cancer

No chemical is safe IMO they all have side affects

I like several others on here have been bathed in roundup on several occasions. I am more likely to die of lip cancer or a car accident before I worry about glyphosate killing me. If Fsentkilr hasnít shown any signs of this cancer I am not worried since he has been exposed to it 1000 times more than most people ever will. My math may be off a little but.......

I heard an add on the radio today from a law firm. They were soliciting clients who have been exposed to Roundup. Basically saying that many countries have banned it and that the US has turned a blind eye. They claim that even 8 hours of exposure spraying weeds can cause cancer. I had a good laugh thinking back on what I've read on this thread.

The problem is they can “claim” anything. It can’t be proven or disproven. All they need is a sympathetic jury to win the case whether Monsanto is at fault or not.

My grandma had 4 cancers over her 80+ years. The last one got her. Think we can start sone lawsuits, surely something caused it other than poor genetics right?

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    The problem is they can “claim” anything. It can’t be proven or disproven. All they need is a sympathetic jury to win the case whether Monsanto is at fault or not.

My grandma had 4 cancers over her 80+ years. The last one got her. Think we can start sone lawsuits, surely something caused it other than poor genetics right?
    Totally agree. Monsanto was mentioned by name in the add.

The topic here was mostly about the effect of glyphosate on ground nesting bird hatches, like pheasants, quail, partridge.
    Last edited by huntsem; Today at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntsem View Post
    The topic here was mostly about the effect of glyphosate on ground nesting bird hatches, like pheasants, quail, partridge.
    I realize that. However, if you read through the entire thread, you'll notice several mentions of farmers being exposed and "practically bathing in" glyphosate with no ill effects.