Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota...WORLDS LARGEST HUNTING PRESERVE

Default South Dakota...WORLDS LARGEST HUNTING PRESERVE

Lets face it. With all the imported birds to all the lodges, preserves, cities and businesses, South Dakota has become one giant preserve. Why would the farmers, lodges and the aforementioned businesses want to improve and expand public hunting land? They have thousands of non resident hunters bamboozled into thinking they are hunting wild birds. Its a beautiful state but the greed of the landowners is out of control and now many farmers are planting birds. Pheasants are not native to south Dakota. So, as a suggestion hunt your native birds in your home state and support your local preserves.

I hate golf, so you know what...I donít go golfing!! I dont think I will make the trip to South Dakota this year. Yes, the surveys and reports factor in to that, but my dog is just a yeat old and frankly not ready for a big trip. But shame on you for blasting landowners lodged and guides by over simplifying a very complex issue. You donít think everyone would love a wild rooster next to every weed clump? So...maybe stay home and....try respecting and encouraging those that are committed to making the trip to have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by guyndog View Post
    Lets face it. With all the imported birds to all the lodges, preserves, cities and businesses like U-Guide, South Dakota has become one giant preserve.
    Why would the farmers, lodges and the aforementioned businesses want to improve and expand public hunting land? They have thousands of non resident hunters bamboozled into thinking they are hunting wild birds. Its a beautiful state but the greed of the landowners is out of control and now many farmers are planting birds. Pheasants are not native to south Dakota. So, as a suggestion hunt your native birds in your home state and support your local preserves.
    You have the same old song. A lot of us thinks your tune sucks. I think you can say anything you want but you are awful boring.

Quote Originally Posted by 519vx View Post
    I hate golf, so you know what...I donít go golfing!! I dont think I will make the trip to South Dakota this year. Yes, the surveys and reports factor in to that, but my dog is just a yeat old and frankly not ready for a big trip. But shame on you for blasting landowners lodged and guides by over simplifying a very complex issue. You donít think everyone would love a wild rooster next to every weed clump? So...maybe stay home and....try respecting and encouraging those that are committed to making the trip to have a good time.
    Encourage people to get ripped off. No way.
    I did stay home and hunted native birds in a state with an abundance of public land. And I will hunt my local preserve. And my dog will love it. And I will spend my money locally. By not going there yourself you are supporting my point. Thanks

Oh. So you get defensive when someone calls out the greed which is spoiling the west. If my tune sucks write a new one

Guy dog, just have to come back and stir the pot. Everyone just ignore and maybe he will go away. Good luck this year, wharever public ground you will be hunting

Quote Originally Posted by guyndog View Post
    Pheasants are not native to south Dakota.
    NEWSFLASH! THIS JUST IN!

Pheasants are not "native" to North America.

south dakota is a big state...lots of preserves...lots of public ground...etc...I own a quarter section, all habitat...lots of public areas within a mile or so...lots of private land as well nearby...the private stuff where pay to hunt happens is 5-10 miles away...we shoot some of those birds as well, but not that many...I have about 5,000 acres of public land within a ten mile radius...some of that public land has the best winter cover around...the birds find it and thrive there...pheasants don't migrate, I am not too worried about goes on 20 or 50 or 100 miles away...I am worried about what is going on within a 20 mile radius of my land and where I hunt...I cherish those spots, and the relationships I have in my little corner of the world...lots of fun! Hope all of you have fun this season!

He is just stirring the pot. He must be bored. He just keeps exposing his ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
    He is just stirring the pot. He must be bored. He just keeps exposing his ignorance.
    I think your spot on. Time to just ignore him there used to be a saying...something like a clown wonít perform without an audience.